25p Fury slung a blade

No visible signs of any damage. Didn't hit anything that I'm aware of and the other two blades are pristine. Any ideas what caused this? There is a dark spot in the metal where the blade broke off. Searched on here and didn't find much info. Help me Mike lol

It's most likely a casting flaw and should be covered under the Mercury waranty.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    How old is the prop?

4. Member
    I bought the boat New in June 2016. Think Mercury will stand behind it Mike?

5. Member
    Savage the prop came on it new. Sorry I should have clarified.

6. Member
    Should cover it for one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked920 View Post
    I bought the boat New in June 2016. Think Mercury will stand behind it Mike?
    Go to a Merc dealer that will go to bat for you if need be.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member

9. Member
    There's a pic if anyone is interested in seeing it

10. Member
    I've a shelf with several that look just like that.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

11. Member
    I had the very same thing happen to me except it was a Yamaha prop. Took it to my Yamaha dealer and he sent it back to Yamaha. Yamaha did want a download from the engine computer also. Yamaha has agreed to cover the prop under warranty.
    2015 Ranger Z520C Yamaha 250

12. Banned
    No visible signs of any damage. Didn't hit anything that I'm aware of and the other two blades are pristine. Any ideas what caused this? There is a dark spot in the metal where the blade broke off. Searched on here and didn't find much info. Help me Mike lol

That is (appears to be) a metallurgical defect.. are those possibly an air pocket? They could be inclusions ..materials that did not mix well in the casting/forging process .. (Hard to tell with pictures)... At least something is obviously wrong from/with the factory casting... I am a Metrologist (Q.A.) - 35 years in Q.A.) and this defect should be replaced with no problem.... Do not take NO for an answer...

13. Member
    I had a 26 Fury and the same thing happen to me, it was 5 years old and I sent it to Mercury and they would not stand behind it due to it being more than a year old!��

Are the other two blades discolored on the surface in the same hi-pressure location, do you run the prop high enough to pierce the surface?