Question Right size jack plate needed please help

Need help, I have a 202 Blazer with a 250Pro xs. The boat doesn't want to lift. The jack plate is 16" off the back the boat. What jack plate I should have I'm feeling the jack plate is way to much!!please help.

2. Member
    What prop are you using. Sounds like it dosent have enough cup in the blades.. Thats a heck of a plate, But I know nothing about the blazer hulls. Ask down in the Blazer Forum and see what they are running. Be sure and list the prop that you have
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 05-07-2017 at 11:55 AM.

3. Member
    The Stroker guy's run that .Never heard of any Blazer guy's running that much set back ...thing 12inch is the most .I could be wrong .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    The Stroker guy's run that .Never heard of any Blazer guy's running that much set back ...thing 12inch is the most .I could be wrong .
    + 1 here. ( I drive a Stroker) When you say lift, are you talking bow lift or the boat getting up on pad? With 16" bow lift should be easy. We do need to know what prop you are running, It might be wrong for your setup.

My son ran a 14" on his 202 with a 225 Opti. He was told some Blazers have some hook at the pad. He's in a 20XD now for that very reason.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex