Troubleshooting a Helix 7 SI

My Helix 7 SI is not functioning properly. I have tried to reset it to the default settings and when I do it displays a depth of over 1100 ft in less that a 50 foot deep lake. I have to adjust the depth in manual mode to view a bottom. I have to turn up the sensitivity to 19 just to get a reading from the Si and the data is unusable at that point. The sonar requires sensitivity settings at around 18 or 19 for a reading as well. The transducer is positioned to allow clear uninterrupted side vision and is located at the rear of my skeeter where it should be. I have watched countless videos and cannot reason out why this unit is a problem child. It should be a faulty transducer or just a bad Helix 7 SI unit. Any direction would be appreciated
    Thanks,
    DB

2. Member
    delete this and post in the hummingbird thread. youll get your question answered.

3. Member
    not sure how to delete this post

4. Member
    Rewired Unit new transducer fixed

5. Member
    sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by BDBassman View Post
    Rewired Unit new transducer fixed
    What transducer did you get?

7. Member
    Humminbird XHS 9 HDSI 180 T Transom Mount Transducer, The Helix 7 does get better side imaging with this HDSI even though it does not have the 800MHZ range. Still better. Unfortunately my Helix 7 has gremlins still. Went out the other day Helix 7 depth readings went haywire again reading over 1000 ft in a 60 ft lake. Set back to default setting and had to take the bottom depth off auto but after about 45 minutes worth of me cussing at it, it started reading correctly again. I'm moving it to the bow and installing my Helix 9 on the console. I could send it back in for $230 or so to have it diagnosed but at this point I've invested enough in it... Hit or miss its a pretty cool piece of technology when its working correctly.