Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thinking about a Bullet.

The more I look at boats the more I like the Bullets. I have always owned a mass produced boat. Just looking for a little feedback on what to look for what to expect and please let me know the good and the bad.
    Best I can tell is people who have them love them but you have to learn to drive one?? Could anyone expand on that? Been driving bass boats since the 90's. I'm leaning toward a 20' with a 250.
    Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Best thing to do is get with a owner in your area and go over one or have one meet you to look at one. Learning to drive is kinda like driving a vette- you know how to drive a car and you can go get groceries but when you start pushing it it becomes a tad different but no big deal. Wont take you no time in reality because they respond to what youre thinking. Like autocross with a peterbilt or a porsche.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

First, with a Bullet, there's no bad. Second, like Dusty said, get someone near ya that has one and will let you look it over good and hopefully take ya for a ride. Bullets aren't like "most" of your 70mph cookie cutters, they're capable of three digits. Even at 80+ you better know how to drive one. You have a 12" pad you'll be running on at upper speeds and that's when driving comes in. When it falls off the pad, that's when chine walk starts. Not trying to scare you out of one, just giving you some heads up. Driving does take a little seat time. But once you get the hang of it, you won't even notice it. They are super smooth riding and super fast running. IMO, they are the best looking, sharpest and sexiest boats on and off the water!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Banned
    Yep owning, driving, and fishing out of a Bullet is like being on a "Natural High"! It doesn't get ant better, they are truly the "Total Performance" of Bass Boats! (Just my two cents but I bet there are others that will agree?)

5. Member
    Once you've owned a Bullet, there's no going back!! Nothing better than a Bullet!!

6. Member
    Sums it up.

I'm not that far down 95 from Richmond....be glad for you to come down and fish a day, ride and drive mine...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Once you've owned a Bullet, there's no going back!! Nothing better than a Bullet!!
    Thats not a true statement at all, plenty of owners have gotten tired of them and went back to rangers,tritons etc.

I'm almost there now and have thought about it a number of times over the last few years. I'm at the point where I think I've done about all I can in one and ready for something different.

I have a couple of friends that had bullets and ally's and eventually went back to other bass boats.

They are fun boats but don't drink the coolaid too much people do get tired of some of the annoyances.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Bullet View Post
    Yep owning, driving, and fishing out of a Bullet is like being on a "Natural High"! It doesn't get ant better, they are truly the "Total Performance" of Bass Boats! (Just my two cents but I bet there are others that will agree?)
    You see I've never really gotten that out of my bullet, but I went from an Allison to a bullet. So it has never been that fun to drive for me, at least when compared to an ally.

Is is it better than driving. A triton, yes but it doesn't give me that rush. Not like driving an ally does.

So for me it was like coming out of a corvette and getting into a camaro when what I really needed was a Silverado.

It doesn't do what the truck would, and it doesn't do what the corvette does either, but it's more fun to drive than the truck but it won't haul lumber to the house. For an analogy.

Its easy to drive, it's fast and I have to do really stupid shit in it to get into trouble(which I have), but it doesn't hold you on he edge having to pay super close attention at all times when stringing it out hard, but my ally got to be as second nature flying too but you had to be a lot more careful, you couldn't just dump the throttle and not have the boat try and chunk you out. The bullet you can do whatever you want pretty much and it's like it's on rails unless you are getting stupid empty with the trim computer etc

i guess I just don't want people to think that there aren't any draw backs there are.

They dont fish as good as main stream boats, but they are faster.
    They fish better than the small Allison's but they are slower.

Im very very torn between getting another skeeter or another xb2003, but I'm so board to death with my bullet I just realized I haven't had it out of the garage since JANUARY,

We've taken my partners skeeter out to fish every time this year, and when I want to haul the mail I take my XR

10. Member
    This...
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Bullet View Post

And this...

takes some time to learn to drive but then its second nature... even at 80+
    I won't own anything else.
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TD3 View Post
    The more I look at boats the more I like the Bullets. I have always owned a mass produced boat. Just looking for a little feedback on what to look for what to expect and please let me know the good and the bad.
    Best I can tell is people who have them love them but you have to learn to drive one?? Could anyone expand on that? Been driving bass boats since the 90's. I'm leaning toward a 20' with a 250.
    Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    take your time learning to drive it...
    2013 20XD/ 250XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    Thats not a true statement at all, plenty of owners have gotten tired of them and went back to rangers,tritons etc.

I'm almost there now and have thought about it a number of times over the last few years. I'm at the point where I think I've done about all I can in one and ready for something different.

I have a couple of friends that had bullets and ally's and eventually went back to other bass boats.

They are fun boats but don't drink the coolaid too much people do get tired of some of the annoyances.
    I agree. Bullet is a great boat but not for everyone .

14. Member
    88 inches WIDE and 1000lbs.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

15. Member
    Never said a Bullet was for everyone, just meant I love Bullet Boats!!

16. Member
    Never said a Bullet was for everyone, just meant I love Bullet Boats!!
    I like my Bullet too but would love to try an Allison and Stroker but can't afford it unfortunately.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I'm not that far down 95 from Richmond....be glad for you to come down and fish a day, ride and drive mine...
    Thanks. Might take you up on that.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    88 inches WIDE and 1000lbs.
    Go hang it, it's heavier than 1k ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    Go hang it, it's heavier than 1k ;)
    I know mine is. By a lot!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

My son bought a very clean '96 20XD and put a 225 Pro XS on it. He told me today that he had him, two big guys, all their tackle and rods and half tank of gas and was banging off the rev limiter at 72 mph. He's running a 26" prop and is will be going to a 28". This the first time he's really strung it out since getting the motor which is a 2007. He said that with all that weight the boat had no chine walk. I told him with a 28" prop and by himself he'd should be looking at something north of 80
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast