How Muddy Is Patoka

Just wondering how muddy Patoka is, if anyone has been there in past few days. I would like to get up there tomorrow but not sure if worth the drive, Im sure there is a lot of junk floating around.

2. Member
    Same

We've been here crappie fishing since Wednesday. The south end of the lake is MUDDY. The north end of the lake isn't too bad. We have put in at painters, Jackson, and the one that is between the dam and the marina. The name of that one escapes me at the moment, but south of that marina it gets muddy. North of there is pretty good. Good luck.

4. Member
    fished it yesterday , like was mentioned , the south end was 51 degrees and coffee looking muddy , the north end was 61 degrees and what I call lightly stained , (about 2 ft visibility ) but ALOT better than the south ....best fish was 4.4 lb ... other than the 21 lb Flathead catfish I caught on a jig ..now that was a nice fight ......lol

5. Member
    I fished it this morning, spent the day over by the dam, lake is muddy but the area I was in wasn't bad at all. Water temp was 61.6, I only fished a couple hours and had two fish a 7 and a 3.......felt pretty good about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I fished it this morning, spent the day over by the dam, lake is muddy but the area I was in wasn't bad at all. Water temp was 61.6, I only fished a couple hours and had two fish a 7 and a 3.......felt pretty good about that!
    Nice!!!!
    At least we had 1987....

7. Banned
    I fished yesterday from about noon to 5. Had 4 keepers biggest about 4.5. East of the main bridge is a mud hole. From there west to about the mouth of painter creek finger is what I would call very very stained. Up around the dam has some stain but it not too bad. I just don't like that end of the lake, so didn't spend much time up there. I'll be spending my time Saturday in the mud lol

8. Member
    Well Patoka got even with me! I had a great morning of fishing this past Sunday morning and I felt pretty good about the pattern I was using. So with that being said I eased back over there last night for a few hours of late afternoon fishing and never got bit even once!! That lake has a way of sucking the life out of ya!!

9. Member
    Lol yep......