Talon tilt bracket

I was debating when I buy talons whether or not to go ahead and get the tilt bracket or not. I eventually will but thought I might save a couple 300 and not do it right away. I rarely have been in an instance when my motor has even got close to hitting and my shop has 10 foot doors. But that being said,are they a must have due to the fact of possibly getting hung up on something under water like a bunch of rope or something, and you needing to tilt it to work in? Looking at going with 12 footers. Thanks in advance.

I have had twin Talons since July 2014. My garage door is 8 ft tall so my Talons go through with no issues. In the almost three years I have had them I can not recall ever being in a situation where they prevented me from going into a area and doing what I wanted to do. There was one occasion when I fished very high water and got back into the timber and had to maneuver around a lot in the tree limbs. It would have been nice to of had the tilt brackets then but I still managed to get where I wanted to fish. If I had the tilt brackets I would use them more for cleaning the spike. It would be nice to just lay them down and deploy/retract to clean them. Currently to give mine a good cleaning I have to remove them from the bracket. I do this about once per year. If I had tilt brackets I would give the spike a good cleaning more often. Most of the time I just deploy them in deep water and idle a few yards.

3. Member
    I have had my talons for two years and just laid them down on the water for the first time 3 weeks ago at Lake Guntersville to get under a bridge in which the seat poles have to come down as well to get back in a creek. Now with that said I did catch 3 fish in the 4 lbs class back there so without the brackets I would have never been able to get back there. I'm like JR19 though you will use them cleaning more than anything as I do not have to lay them down to get in my garage either.

4. Member
    I do have to tilt mine down to get in the garage, but I think after having them, I would want them no matter what. Every so often, I tilt them down, and while having someone hold them so they don't spring up, deploy them and spray the entire length with silicone spray. It keeps them nice and quiet and working smoothly.

5. Member
    Nice. I'm thinking I will get them and then pull on the brackets later. Just so I don't have to swallow so much expense at once. Thanks for the replies.

6. Member
    i tilt mine when, i come off the water and cleaning my boat off i extend it and wipe it down. i don't why they don't make a lock down bracket to tow with them down either a pin in the tilt bracket or a small bracket you could mount on the rear deck like a trolling motor has

7. Member
    My dad says he'll buy them for me since he fishes with me all the time, so I may have them anyway. Thanks again for the replies.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    i tilt mine when, i come off the water and cleaning my boat off i extend it and wipe it down. i don't why they don't make a lock down bracket to tow with them down either a pin in the tilt bracket or a small bracket you could mount on the rear deck like a trolling motor has
    The person the comes up with a good aftermarket product to do this will sell a ton of them!

9. Member
    i think it would be easy to design,i would make it to lock in the back on the tilt bracket then nothing mounted to the rear floor of the boat

10. Member
    I would think the brackets and mounts would fail after a short while. There would need to be support with the majority of the Talon hanging free with that design.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I would think the brackets and mounts would fail after a short while. There would need to be support with the majority of the Talon hanging free with that design.
    it would from the kickstand on the front

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    it would from the kickstand on the front
    The kickstand balances it a bit, but the majority of the weight still would need to be locked down.

13. Member
    I just got two 12 footers I'm sure glad I got the fold down brackets going through the tules they hang on them and then going thru the jungle with over hanging limbs and stuff sure glad I had em ."

I did not buy the tilt brackets when I put my Talons on - now I wantl them simply so I can tilt them up to extend and clean them...
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles