Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Big Bass Tour - Chickamauga - May 20/21

Coming up soon! Over $100,000 in prizes and payouts. All registration and event info here: http://bit.ly/chickamauga17

2. Banned
    I hope TWRA is sitting at Blue Water all day, both days.

Bill

3. Member
    That lake is getting molested..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX20Harris View Post
    That lake is getting molested..
    No, it's getting down right raped. 3 gigantic tournaments in a row, this weekend will have 3 big local tourneys plus the small ones, then the big bass tour. All of this is smack dab in the middle of the spawn. Guntersville 2.0 here we come

5. Member
    Agree 100%! The authorities up there need to manage the fishery or it will become what Guntersville has. Unfortunately it is all about the revenue that these events bring in and nothing else matters.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

I would consider fishing it if it weren't the same weekend as the St Jude's tournament up the road at Watts Bar. I do agree, Chick is getting pounded like a 3 dollar crack whore.

7. Member
    Watts bar will be next on the list once the Florida strain and grass grow up. Tourneys are already taking 20+ to win

8. Member
    We live in Varnell (northwest GA) and went to Guntersville yesterday. It is a shell of what it used to be. It has been hammered for years and that has caught up with it. Chick is not far behind. The merchants in Dayton are going to ride the Chick horse into the ground and kill her. I know what they have invested in their upgraded facilities, but enough already.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    We live in Varnell (northwest GA) and went to Guntersville yesterday. It is a shell of what it used to be. It has been hammered for years and that has caught up with it. Chick is not far behind. The merchants in Dayton are going to ride the Chick horse into the ground and kill her. I know what they have invested in their upgraded facilities, but enough already.
    The same way as scottsboro and guntersville has ridden the horse six feet under. I realize there was a cold front and a lot of wind but it didn't get to bad until Noon on Saturday but the 186 boat tournament that was out of goose pond had one 20 lb bag and 15 lbs got in top 20. Only 70 boats out of 186 bothered to weigh in. This is in early may. Been that way most of the year. Catching a good number of dinks so maybe there is hope a few years down the line. As stated I am afraid chickamauga is headed down the same path if those in charge don't take heed.

Note that I am in no way pointing fingers at tournaments like the children's of Alabama heart defect that was on Saturday. It is an admirable cause to raise funds that has some real benefits. But does every church, cheerleader squad, sports team need to have a bass tournament? That doesn't count the 6 or 7 wildcat tournaments held every week. Looks like Alabama or Tennessee would require a permit and the monies would go towards stocking, conservation, or more game wardens.
    Last edited by RangerJim; 05-08-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

10. BBC SPONSOR
    There's always two perspectives to this argument but tournaments aren't the sole cause of pressure on any fishery. They're just the most high profile. Regardless, the group at Fish Dayton has done a great job bringing valuable events and dollars into the local economy. There will always be those who appreciate the visitors and those who don't. It's a part of this business.

Looking forward to this one, it's going to be fun.

11. Matt20xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb357 View Post
    Watts bar will be next on the list once the Florida strain and grass grow up. Tourneys are already taking 20+ to win
    And people running their mouths is part of the problem.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bass Tour View Post
    There's always two perspectives to this argument but tournaments aren't the sole cause of pressure on any fishery. They're just the most high profile. Regardless, the group at Fish Dayton has done a great job bringing valuable events and dollars into the local economy. There will always be those who appreciate the visitors and those who don't. It's a part of this business.

Looking forward to this one, it's going to be fun.
    Yes sir I agree that there are multiple factors at play. tournaments are not the sole cause. Also there is bow fishing, poor spawn due to weather and Mother Nature, fishing pressure, over harvest and lack of enforcement. (Still a 10 fish per person per day creel limit in Alabama, I think Tennessee is 5 and been checked once in 30 years on guntersville!)
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

Quote Originally Posted by Jb357 View Post
    Not always, my partner and I won the Heartland last month with 19 and change . Hoping for 20 plus and a repeat on Saturday

14. Member
    I agree with the pressure on Chick. I have been fishing it a couple times a year for the past few years. I have noticed just in the last few years it is getting slammed. Every time I go I seem to see a pro. This is also not helping matters. Last time I put in at grasshopper I met Jacob Wheeler. I have also noticed many people taking 8lb plus fish home with them. I know two guys that each took an 8lber and 10lber home to be mounted which are still in their freezer. I have caught an 11lber and 10lber and both were released unharmed after a few pics. The Chick is my favorite lake of all time but I afraid if it is not somewhat managed better it will become Chick of the 80s-90s once again. Good luck out there fellers!
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

15. Member
    They only go where they can catch alot of fish
    Outlaw Bass

16. Banned
    When the big money chasers show up, I go west, to the jack. I will catch more fish on the river than I ever catch on Chickamauga, just no size to them.

Bill

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by music man View Post
    Not always, my partner and I won the Heartland last month with 19 and change . Hoping for 20 plus and a repeat on Saturday
    Where is the tournament launching out of? I don't have plans this weekend and may show up if nothing pops up at work.
    2019 Skeeter ZX225

18. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    That's a damn shame. I turned loose my pb from there, a 12lb 8oz, after a bunch of pics and a short video, having a replica made right now. I also released two 9lb 4oz and two 8lb the same trip... I'm glad I got to catch her and the other big ones before it turns into the next Gville!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tnsportsman86 View Post
    I have also noticed many people taking 8lb plus fish home with them. I know two guys that each took an 8lber and 10lber home to be mounted which are still in their freezer. I have caught an 11lber and 10lber and both were released unharmed after a few pics.

Quote Originally Posted by model70man View Post
    Where is the tournament launching out of? I don't have plans this weekend and may show up if nothing pops up at work.
    Tom Fuller park (Rockwood)

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Getting closer! All reg info at bigbasstour.com for those who still need to register.

Thanks all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast