2014 merc 150 4S

I have a 2014 merc 150 4S serial # 2B073682 I have a merc monitor and the motor has always run great. First time out this spring in mid 60's weather and water temp, after long runs above 5000 rpm when I slowed down to idle there was a small amount of white smoke that was coming out of the port on the back of the engine. after fishing for awhile then starting the motor back up there was no smoke. this happened each time. Is this something that I should be concerned about? Motor ran fine and the merc monitor didn't show any issues.

2. Member
    That would be normal. It's just condensation burning off from the hot exhaust. Remember, white smoke is ok...Blue smoke, not so good...

Rick

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor