Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA

XB2003 Pro Max 225SS, prop

With an offshore mid, do you guys think I will be able to turn enough RPMs with a 27 Trophy Plus to get it out of the hole. I am wanting a heavier bladed/fishing prop. Props I have now are all too thin for anywheres withs stumps. I bent the tips of 2 blades on my Mazco RE3 the other day, which is my fav/best/fastest prop. Not to happy about it. I appreciate any and all help/advice.

I have both a 27 Trophy and 27 Pro max both of them leap out of the hole.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myron View Post
    I have both a 27 Trophy and 27 Pro max both of them leap out of the hole.
    Is that with an offshore mid? If so, did you have to do dual PVS holes?

Trophy will run fine with the offshore mid. Mine does.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

yes 225ss

6. Member
    Good deal. Thanks for the info guys!

7. Member
    I may have a 25 trophy if 27 to tall. Woody

8. Member
    Pretty sure I'm gonna try the 27 first. I'd like to keep as much of my top end as I can. I really rather 3 blade props, but I need the durability the trophy will offer in stump congested areas.

9. Member
    I have yet to find a trophy that will come out of the hole with my offshore mid. I'd love to find one, dual pvs holes would be my best guess for that to happen

10. Member
    I have always struggled with hole shot with threw hub props when i had the offshore mid on my promax thats why i went to a bass mid so i could run different props
    I Drive a Allison because I can Drive a Allison

11. Member
    Well those last 2 post aren't very reassuring. I picked up the 27 Trophy Plus tonight. Guess I'm gonna see what happens. Need to get a hub first though.

12. Member
    So what hub kit do I need? Looked up flo-torq hubs and came up with 835257K 6 and 835257Q 6 in my searches. They appear to be the same kit so I'm a little confused. Both numbers have the same description where I found them.
    Last edited by bottomfisher; 05-06-2017 at 03:14 AM.

I think one is mercury part and one is a quicksilver part. Should be the same

14. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    I think one is mercury part and one is a quicksilver part. Should be the same
    That is correct.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison225 View Post
    I have always struggled with hole shot with threw hub props when i had the offshore mid on my promax thats why i went to a bass mid so i could run different props
    Weird, I never have.

My trophy fired out of the hole before it went deaf. My Q IV O/T fires out of the hole, my Yamaha T-1 fires out of the hole, my high 5 comes out harder than my Yamaha drag(just gets squirerly real fast)

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    Weird, I never have.

My trophy fired out of the hole before it went deaf. My Q IV O/T fires out of the hole, my Yamaha T-1 fires out of the hole, my high 5 comes out harder than my Yamaha drag(just gets squirerly real fast)
    Are you running dual pvs holes? I have tried 2 trophys with not much luck. When they finally spooled up and came out of the hole, they run great! I Just couldn't get either to allow the motor to rev high enough to get on plane. I had a sick motor then, maybe I need to re-visit a trophy. maybe someone could let me try one at the rally. :)

17. Member
    Ive ended up selling most all my Trophys, loved them on a bass mid but holeshot to me is much better with over the hub...

18. Member
    Steve, what did you find to be your favorite? In a 4 blade. I got my hands on a labbed pro et, (which I liked from what I've seen from it) just scared to mess it up Lol!! Also really like my 28 chopper thus far..

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Promax5184 View Post
    Are you running dual pvs holes? I have tried 2 trophys with not much luck. When they finally spooled up and came out of the hole, they run great! I Just couldn't get either to allow the motor to rev high enough to get on plane. I had a sick motor then, maybe I need to re-visit a trophy. maybe someone could let me try one at the rally. :)
    No pvs, mine were the old trophys with the little relief hole. Don't really need pvs as a trophy is a small barrel and plenty goes around the barrel.

Your motor sounds weak. I would never judge a prop testing with a sick motor LOL!!

20. Member
    Well any issues I might of had r certainly solved now!! I'm more than willing to try another, just gonna try before I buy... I've had a tremendous amount of motor issues this past year!! No doubt but it's solved and healthy as ever now! Let the testing begin :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast