need help with a hummingbird setup

stripped the boat of all electronics and refitted it.

going with:
    Ultrex with link on the bow
    Helix 10 DI chirp G2n on the trolling motor(swapping the transducer for the trolling motor version)
    Helix 10 SI Mega G2N chirp on the console

Now I need to connect everything

I know I need the ethernet hub that I am going to mount under the console. I assume I need:

ethernet cable to helix at bow
    ethernet cable to ultrex
    ethernet cable from hub to helix at console

y splitter for rear SI transducer and hockey puck epoxied inside the hull.

Is there anything I am missing?

You will not need an Ethernet cable for the Ultrex there is one included with the motor

You will need 2 Ethernet Adapter Cables (AS EC QDE) to connect the Ethernet cables to the helix units

You should also consider 10 gauge tinned marine grade power wire to run from the battery directly to each unit (with inline fuse or fuse buss)
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    thanks. how long is the ethernet cable with the ultrex? I would need to run it back to the console where I am mounting the hub.

and i assume the ethernet cable plugs directly into the hub I just need the converters for the helix units?

The cable that comes with the motor has two parts

1st is hard wired into the motor head and is long enough to run past the bow unit and into the hull

2nd part is 20 or 30 foot long "More than enough" to reach the hub under the dash

Correct no adapter needed for this cable to plug into hub

Note: the second portion of the Ethernet cable has a female end that plugs into the hard wired 1st portion that has a male plug
    What this means is you can not replace the second portion with a shorter standard cable that has two male ends you must use this cable
    Reason for this is some users only have 1 humminbird unit and it is on the bow to link with the motor and only use the 1st portion of the cable and plug directly into the unit
    "The handicapped angler"

Follow up the 1st portion of the cable is 10 foot and the 2nd portion is 20 foot for a total of 30 feet long

Hint:
    run the 2 parts so that the connection is just before it goes in the hull so this way if you have to disconnect it to remove the motor you don't have to dig in the hull to disconnect this cable

I ran the 1st portion down the steering cable bundle to the pedal and had 1-1/2 to 2 feet left over and wrapped it up right there

I ran the 2nd portion from the hub under the dash to the bow and have about 6 inches sticking out (just enough to connect the 2 together) - still had plenty at the hub that needed to be bundled up
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    thx

7. Member
    Anyone know of a good source for humminbird cables? Ordered from hummingbird but they are back ordered on Ethernet cables, hub, Ethernet dongles, etc

Did you look on Amazon?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

9. Member
    i actually just checked board sponser BBG and it looks like they got it all in stock.. thanks