Sending unit on 2003 201 Pro XL

Hey guys any of you ever used a Moeller reed switch sending unit for your L-shape tanks. The gas gauge on mine doesn't work and I think the sending unit has went out. They show a option for a 15" tank which the sending unit will be 14" long. is this about right for these L-shape tanks?
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

2. Member
    I can' t help you on the L-shapes tanks . But i have two in the back of the boat and use the Moeller switches.And man there are better than the ones from the factory (cork ) ones .

3. Member
    That is what I put in mine and works really well. Not 100% accurate due to the additional volume at the bottom but is close enough for me. At 1/2 tank on the gauge it takes about 22-23 gals to fill. Never ran to empty but "appears" I'll have about a 6-8 gal reserve when the gauge hits empty. Then again, I don't know how close the pickup tube for the fuel is to bottom....empty might be empty...LOL

Stratos 21XL Magnum
    Mercury 250 Pro XB

4. Member
    How deep is the tank and what length sending unit did y'all get?
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

5. Member
    It's been a couple years since I did it. Looked back through email and can't find the order. I'll pull the receipt tonight and get back with ya.

Stratos 21XL Magnum
    Mercury 250 Pro XB

You might want to double check the length. I think I put an 11 1/2" long in mine.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO