Angry Yamaha SHO Cowling (Looking for couple pieces)

Hey, nothing like hitting your cowling on some duct work drywall in your garage!

I'm looking for a couple parts to my 2012 SHO Cowling. Little did I know, the cowlings are screwed together in multiple pieces. These are on backorder from Yamaha until 5/29, so I'd be interested to see if anyone has these parts in used, but good condition? Figured a dealer might have some around from warranties, etc.

Part #2 on Diagram, product number 99999-04168-00

Part #19 on diagram, product number 6CB-Y426J-00-00

If you have a lead, please let me know. I'm checking locally as well.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I'm in the exact same situation.....and it is hard to find a used SHO cowling in decent condition, been searching for months. I'm going to call Sim Yamaha today to see if they have them or at least let me back order them. I have a motor cover I run with anyways but I'm pretty anal and picky so it bothers me that the cowling is damaged.
    2012 Z521, Yamaha 250 SHO
    SOLD-1998 Ranger 519DVS, Mercury 225 EFI
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sugelle View Post
    I'm in the exact same situation.....and it is hard to find a used SHO cowling in decent condition, been searching for months. I'm going to call Sim Yamaha today to see if they have them or at least let me back order them. I have a motor cover I run with anyways but I'm pretty anal and picky so it bothers me that the cowling is damaged.
    I contacted Andy at Sim, and he says they are backordered. Not sure if you can pay for one or not...but hope it works out for ya!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
    I contacted Andy at Sim, and he says they are backordered. Not sure if you can pay for one or not...but hope it works out for ya!
    Yeah...I just had them place order the pieces. They wont bill my card until the parts come in and ship to me. There is a member selling a entire cowling for $550 but it is damaged on the top....which is the part I needed. :(

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=808618
    Semper Fi

5. Member
    Contact C&O Marine......they have a pile of broken covers in a heap. I donated a SHO a few years ago.....in there somewhere!

Around $1400 for a new cowling..I have a spare but it would cost a fortune to ship it. Mine is cracked on the bottom in a couple places. The top is good.
    I'm in Winston Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Warren View Post
    Around $1400 for a new cowling..I have a spare but it would cost a fortune to ship it. Mine is cracked on the bottom in a couple places. The top is good.
    I'm in Winston Oregon.
    Doug, since I have your old boat, I wouldn't mind paying for the top if you had time to just separate the big bottom piece from the top half. Wouldn't be that much I would think for UPS ground?

8. Member
    Just as an FYI...I order the pieces I needed from Sim Yamaha on 5/4. They delivered to my house via FedEx on 5/20. Much earlier than the back order info I was originally given.
    Semper Fi