Thread: Mattoon lake

Mattoon lake

Going to try my luck here Saturday. Never fished it before. Any concerns of shallow areas. And info would be appreciated ty

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I suspect it'll be high and muddy. Just a guess as I haven't been lately

Dale Sinclair original

It will cost you 60 bucks to fish there. You have to buy a trailer and boat sticker, and 60 dollars is the yearly fee.

4. Member
    never fished it but drove by and around couple weeks ago looks good but $60.00 is pretty steep for me being so far away. If they had camping near by maybe a few days to get you $ worth and learn the lake a little

Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    never fished it but drove by and around couple weeks ago looks good but $60.00 is pretty steep for me being so far away. If they had camping near by maybe a few days to get you $ worth and learn the lake a little
    They have a very nice campground right behind the marina. The bathrooms and showers are very clean.

6. Member
    thanks I may give it a try. It really looks good lakemaster has a good map of it , I don't know how accurate it is.

Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    thanks I may give it a try. It really looks good lakemaster has a good map of it , I don't know how accurate it is.
    It's a nice little lake. Lots of boat docks and seawalls. Really good crappie lake as well...