Thread: Lowes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lowes

For those that get a 10% Military discount at Lowes, I was told last week that in order to get the discount beginning this week, you have to use your MyLowes card. I have yet to figure out why, but that's what they told me. I have one, but I never registered it. I guess I will now.
    Triton TR-186, Mercury Optimax 150

Not sure I understand that requirement since the My Lowe's card isn't a charge card and anyone can get one if you have a Lowe's charge card, I use my ID at Lowe's so much they usually don't ask for it any more but usually pay cash or charge on a Visa card. Was there this morning and no one has mentioned that. I'll be sure to ask next time in.
    Last edited by SeaPro Admin; 05-03-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    04 Sea Pro SV2100cc w/ Suzuki DF150
    02 Scout 162 Sportfisher w/ Yamaha 60

3. Member
    From what I have seen else where, the discount will be added to the card now. I think they are using something like ID.me to validate your service. They also changed it now to apply to all honorably discharged veterans, which means that a 214 will be sufficient enough to qualify you. I also hear that because you can use the card, the discount will now apply to online purchases as well as free postal shipping. It's a change, but sounds like a lot of cool things are coming from it.

4. Member
    I put a lot of stuff on "my lowes" account. I don't even know where my card is. I simply give the cashier the phone number registered with my card. I went online and cannot see anything asking for proof of my military service. I ASSume that's already been done? Guess I'll see next time in, with both parents moving here I'm there frequently.

I see lots of room for fraud.

The sign up is on their home page, so it is legit.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

6. Member
    From another source. I will say it may be a little effort on your part to set it up but I also think its a pretty generous offer from Lowes to expand discount spouce and chrildern under 18 .

http://www.militarytimes.com/article...scount-program

Just signed up. thx
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

For those who are unaware, Home Depot will also give retirees 10% off!
    Old Retarded Jarhead
    Master Sergeant of Marines (Retired)

9. Member
    lowes does not offer a veteran discount now on a item thats on sale,i bought a new kitchen aid stove yesterday that was marked down from 1200.00 to 999.00 and was told if its discounted more than the 10% discount you do not get both now,a guy working in the stove area said it was going over real well with veterans,i was told the same thing at check out

10. Member
    I went to Lowes a few years ago to buy 3 kitchen appliances while they were on sale. The associate told me I couldn't get my military discount on sale items. I spoke to the store manager and got the same results. The bill was right at 4K. I told him I was buying them today somewhere and will go to HH Kregg to see if they an beat it. HH Kregg beat lowes by 200 bucks and they were not having a sale plus they gave me free delivery. I still shop at lowes but when buying high ticket items I shop around. The appliances were the same make and model.

11. Member
    I use my veterans discount by just using my phone number after signing up.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton150 View Post
    For those that get a 10% Military discount at Lowes, I was told last week that in order to get the discount beginning this week, you have to use your MyLowes card. I have yet to figure out why, but that's what they told me. I have one, but I never registered it. I guess I will now.
    contact tracing :run:

13. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    I went to Lowes a few years ago to buy 3 kitchen appliances while they were on sale. The associate told me I couldn't get my military discount on sale items. I spoke to the store manager and got the same results. The bill was right at 4K. I told him I was buying them today somewhere and will go to HH Kregg to see if they an beat it. HH Kregg beat lowes by 200 bucks and they were not having a sale plus they gave me free delivery. I still shop at lowes but when buying high ticket items I shop around. The appliances were the same make and model.
    Prior to this they used to give the discount on sale items, that will be missed.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

14. Member
    As stated phone # only is what I have always done and no questions asked. I pay cash.

15. Member
    Only positive is at least Lowe’s isn’t like Home Depot. Home Depot caps there military discount at $50 no matter how much you purchase. They certainly don’t advertise that until you hit the register. I no longer go to my local Home Depot after the current sorry District Manager had the store take down the service flags that were hanging up at the checkout area. Icing on the cake is when I noticed the store had the flag on top of the building replaced, instead of folding it properly, the store manager put it in a semitransparent trash bag - yes a trash bag!!! Heck I would have been satisfied if they just folded it because they didn’t know the proper way - dam this thing called google or YouTube. I won’t tell you how the next conversation went. She disappeared, so I found the assistant manager and lit into him. Not on my watch...USMC Mustang 25years 10 months and my son now serving in the USAF currently forward deployed.
    Last edited by Hooked247; 05-25-2020 at 07:34 AM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    As stated phone # only is what I have always done and no questions asked. I pay cash.
    We bought a bunch of stuff this week and got the discount. We went through signing up for my Lowes about a year ago. Now just give the phone number.

17. Member
    I bought a pressure washer from Lowes last week and got the sale price + military with no ? asked..

I really think it depends on the store and/or employee you happen to work with. The store here initially wouldn't give it for a new stove, dishwasher, and microwave because of them being on sale, as soon as we said we would take our business elsewhere the salesman said, "Let me call my manager." 5 minutes later, extra discount. Funny how a $2k purchase will do that.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

There was a time when they did then they did not then two years ago we purchased a new washer and dryer set on sale and they gave me the discount on top of the sale price
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

20. Banned
    Same, I just give my phone number and it automatically is applied. I showed my VA card onetime and that somehow was input to the system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast