Anybody ever use one of these reloaders?

https://www.amazon.com/Lee-Precision...+reloading+kit
    https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Bre...eloading+press

Love shooting my 22-250. My gun loves Hornady 55gr VMAX loads. Sometimes hard to come by and usually not cheap for 20 rounds! As they say cheap stuff isn't good good stuff isn't cheap! Just wondering if anybody uses either one of these and do the reproduce accurate loads?

Thanks
    Mike

Mike I heard a while back when I was looking that if it's a single shot or boot action it would work. A semi auto would not like it. Double check me with your local gunsmith, but I believe I'm right.

3. Member
    I didn't even know they still made these. My dad and I used a Lee Loader to reload my .410 ammo in the late 60's . It worked but was very slow. Sizing the case was an issue too. I use to carry a pair of pliers in my back pocket to extract stuck cases from my single shot .410

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I had that loader in 22-250 back in the early 80s. I used it for about 2 boxes of shells. No clue what I did with it after that. I never had an issue but never used it much either.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Buy an RCBS. You won't be sorry.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

Precision benchrest guys will use that Lee Hand Press with a micrometer seating die at the range to reload prepped and primed brass they bring with them. If you don't already have reloading equipment I would get a kit from RCBS. Nothing wrong with Lee bench presses I use one,but resizing brass with the handloader would difficult I think.

7. Member
    your most likely going to want a bench press. For doing low amounts of 22-250 a single stage lee or RCBS would be fine.

8. Member
    On eBay (and maybe Amazon, not sure), you can find a kit with pretty much everything to get started, except dies, for under $140 shipped. I found both RCBS and Lee kits for those prices. I recently decided I wanted to start reloading again. I sold all my stuff 12-13 yrs. ago. So a month ago or so I ordered the Lee 50th anniversary kit on eBay for 125 shipped and then added the adapter plate. Haven't gotten it all set up yet, but when I ordered it-it was the best deal I could find in any brand. Now, the RCBS AND a heavier Lee press is available for just a few $$ more than I paid for mine. I don't think there is as much in either of those kits as mine had...but not sure. Bottom line, any press (meaning you don't have to have a Rockchucker) will handle the 22-250 with ease and there are good bargains out there right now. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Igore67 View Post
    Precision benchrest guys will use that Lee Hand Press with a micrometer seating die at the range to reload prepped and primed brass they bring with them. If you don't already have reloading equipment I would get a kit from RCBS. Nothing wrong with Lee bench presses I use one,but resizing brass with the handloader would difficult I think.
    I don't think that hand press will resize the whole brass, I think it just resizes the neck.