Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RT188 Passenger Console

Thinking about ordering a passenger console for my RT188. Does the console really allow for much storage space. Also I just wonder would it really help much on the wind. Wife thinks it would help out. but I say that sitting behind the steering wheel, I get a lot of wind. So not sure if it would be really worth the $$. I know they really look nice on the boat, just can't convince myself to buy and install it. Thoughts Please.

JImmy

2. Member
    IMO I would not spend good money on a console. However, I am of the opinion that they get in the way and are only usefull on the coldest of mornings or in a heavy rain. Never been in a 188 on the water but I remember thinking that the consoles were really low in them. If you truly take your wife fishing a lot it would probably be good money spent though

3. Member
    My wife likes it a lot in the winter . She kind of ducks down behind it . One of my few complaints is you do catch a good bit of wind driving the boat . I wish the windshields would be just a little taller . As for storage , you can put a few things in it for convienance but it isn't dry . I haven't gotten around to seeing what I could do to seal the door to try and keep it dry . Someone on here might chime in

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

4. Member
    The one change I would like to make on my RT188 is to change up the seat configuration. I would like individual storage under ea seat, do away with middle seat and make it a step with dry storage with 12v outlet. That would make perfect place to store phones, wallet, keys etc. I only fish 2 in my boat anyways.

Everybody thinks I installed an 1199 on my console to look good. Truth is its an expensive bug and air deflector.

You can install one on the passenger side for the wife to hide behind.

6. Member
    If the wife wants one it would be a good idea to keep her happy! I have one on mine. Doesn't seem to be in the way when i fish. The glove box is very deep. You can put a lot of stuff in it.

Thanks for all the input Guys. Now to see how much they cost.

8. Member
    $1100-$1200 They are like $560? if installed when boat is ordered. I have thot and looked into ordering 1 for mine.
    Last edited by krw; 05-03-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Dang, think I will let the wife drive, that way she will have her console and I will have my 1200.00

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SE66 View Post
    Dang, think I will let the wife drive, that way she will have her console and I will have my 1200.00

My wife and my fishing buddies appreciate the passenger console on cold and windy days. It adds more storage space than a lot of consoles I've seen.
    Steve R
    2016 Ranger RT188
    - Merc 115 4S
    - MinnKota Fortrex 80
    - Lowrance Gen2 HDS Touch 9 (Bow & Console)

Wife sure likes it. It may only be psychological, but she feels safer and protected with something in front of her instead of just hanging out in the open.

12. Banned
    Go order it house hold 7 will enjoy it and allow for future upgrades is my thought

13. Member
    Mine loves it. I paid 1,000. Excellent storage, which can be gasketed.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

I ordered one and installed by dealer was about 1,000. If the wife thinks it is needed, by all means get it. Keeping her happy helps with future upgrades..May be 1,000 well spend. Has a lot of storage but as others have said, not waterproof, but possible to make it by putting a gasket on the hinge and door....
    2016 Ranger RT188
    115 Yamaha SHO

"Well done is better than well said"- Benjamin Franklin

15. Member
    We ordered ours with dual console. Wife said it would be nice to have the wind break for her or kids. And I am already hooked on having the "glove box".

Quote Originally Posted by SE66 View Post
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

17. Member
    I purchased my boat from cabelas and bought a boat they had in stock but had them order the console and the boat cover when I did the deal. I was able to use my boat for a few months without the console and my wife didn't care for it. And if anyone thinks the windshield doesn't deflect wind, have someone else run your boat and sit in the middle seat. It is a pretty significant difference.
    2017 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS opti

18. Member
    My wife likes the port console. it does help her stay out of the wind a bit.
    as for dry storage, not sure how dry/wet it can get but I haven't had an issue with anything getting wet. I fished an entire day in light/moderate rain and all my stuff stayed dry.

19. Member
    Wife loves it, handy storage,
    2017 RT188 Crystal Red DC
    Yamaha SHO 115
    CMC 5.5 manual jack plate
    Spitfire X7 19p
    Minn Kota Maxxum 70
    Hook 7 in console
    Hook 9 on bow

The passenger console storage is much larger than most boats. You can fit A LOT in it. I put a small piece of weather stripping around the door and it stays dry for the most part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast