Dierks, Gillham and DeQueen Lakes

Ok, I have never been on Dierks, Gillham, or DeQueen Lake. Our Junior State TBF Championship is a 3 day event, 1 day on each of these lakes in June. I may get to come down and spend one to two days looking before then as we can fish them until the end of May. My question is, are these dangerous lakes to run on? How is the fishing? I have heard DeQueen has some giants in there, but won't be able to confirm until later this month I hope. I'm really just wondering about running conditions, but I know they are very small lakes too, so that should help on patterning them. Thanks for any information!

Its been ages since I was on Dierks, but it could be dangerous. We put in at Jefferson Ridge and basically fished that bay. That area was pretty wide open,and flat. Best I can remember, as you get into the lake, you had boat lanes to run. I do remember lots of standing timber in the main body of the lake. Maybe somebody who fishes that area can chime in and be of more help.

3. Member
    All 3 can be dangerous, boat lanes are marked pretty good on all 3 lakes though. There are some big fish in all 3 lakes!! In June all you will need is a Carolina rig, 5xd and 6xd tied on.

Should be fun fishing, depending on water levels.

4. Member
    Good to hear that the boat lanes are marked well. The boat lanes at Conway are marked well too, but there are giant stumps in the boat lanes. Hopefully that is not the case on these lakes.

5. Member
    Going to prefish Dierks and Gillham next weekend. Ready to see what these lakes hold!

6. Member
    Well, not many fish caught, but three absolutely awesome looking fisheries. Spent a lot of time behind the graph, but don't feel like I found any honey holes. Fish seemed to still be in transition back deeper and were suspended for the most part. But we had a blast on our pre-fishing trip. Tournament is just over 2 and a half weeks away. Looking forward to watching the boy cross the stage!

7. Member
    These are nice lakes small enough to fish the whole lake which is nice and makes them easy to learn after a few trips.

8. Member
    Tournament this weekend, should be a blast!

9. Member
    Well, fishing was tough, but we had a blast. Missed the cut for championship Sunday by 2.04 lbs. Bad part was we broke a 3.5lber off at the boat, but that's fishing. The boys had a blast and so did I, looking forward to the start of the next youth tournament season!