Thread: Armalite ar10?

Armalite ar10?

I'm like a fart in a whirlwind. First I was on a 6.5 cm kick, still am, but now looking at an armalite 20" ar10. Any feedback on ar 10 would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have any feedback but when I was looking for 7.62 complete rifle the AR-10 18" Tactical was high on the list.

Armalite uses different magazines than most of the other 308 AR brands. Some of the other parts are different such as the upper and lower receivers. Amalite made the first AR/M16's long ago, so I'm sure they make good guns. But other brands such as DPMS, KAC, CMMG, Aero, and others would make finding magazines easier and allow you to interchange uppers. In general, a 308 AR is the best all around rifle there is.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

Steve's right the AR-10 has proprietary parts and if you wanted to build a 6.5 Creedmoor upper for it later you would need an AR-10 upper receiver. I think this is why I just decided I'll build one in the future instead of buying a complete rifle. I'm probably going with the DPMS style (LR308) Aero Precision M5 receivers or something in the DPMS type receiver . I believe the KAC SR-25 is proprietary as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    Armalite uses different magazines than most of the other 308 AR brands. Some of the other parts are different such as the upper and lower receivers. Amalite made the first AR/M16's long ago, so I'm sure they make good guns. But other brands such as DPMS, KAC, CMMG, Aero, and others would make finding magazines easier and allow you to interchange uppers. In general, a 308 AR is the best all around rifle there is.
    Armalite has two models with two mag choices for at least three years! My favorite is the old mag built like a tank and more choices for reloaders, my carbine Armalite wears NV and has killed a ton of hogs.