Pros and Cons of fx vs zx

I am looking at buying a Skeeter next year. My dealer has some great deals on the zx250 models. So I'm wondering what makes the fx 250 worth almost 15K more? Is it a different hull? Does one ride better than the other? Will One out preform one over the other?

2. Member
    Well FX LE has SS latches, deck step, that fancy cooler lid, digital switches, 3mode aerator, 2x PP blades, HDS 12, molded fenders, stereo system......... it all adds up quickly. Functionality, performance, ride wise, no not worth price diff. IMO.

3. Member
    Unless you got money coming out of your ass, an extra $15k for fancy shit is a waste of money in my opinion lol

4. Member
    Agree

5. Member
    find an older I class boat and save the rest

my .02

6. Member
    I bought an FX20 demo with 40 hours on it and saved about 10 or 12 grand. Still registered as new. Just a thought.

7. Member
    When I priced them there was 8k difference in fx 20 LE to zx 250. I went with the 20 footer LE. Dealer makes a big difference in price. The later in the year your find better deals. My advice is wait till October and get the better prices.

8. Member
    I was in the same position last year and choose a Zx over the Fx. The trim on the Fx series is better looking for sure but not anymore functional. I'm spending the money I saved to upgrade the electronics (structure scan 3D module / transducer, third HDS 9) and ultrex trolling motor. For me, I would rather have two HDS 9 units at the console over a single HDS 12. For the times I do listen to the radio I have a small portable that has it's own battery and blue toothed to my phone. A power pole doesn't fit my style of fishing so not having a second is not a big deal to me.

I came out of an FX and into a ZX225. I put stainless latches on it, had the step put on, removed the center seat and bought some hydro turf to break up the white and put on the cooler lid and it looks pretty sweet, put two talons on it, still runs 72 and still much less than the FX 20 that sits on the same hull.

10. Member
    I kinda thought the LE was worth the extra $8K, imo. Fully padded front deck, lighted deck, better compartment lights, better middle seat, 2 higher capacity livewell pumps instead of 1 pump, 2 better color matched pp instead of 1, radio speakers, SS everywhere, digital switches, upgraded seats, complete motor read out of hrs..etc, step, Low 12 low instead of a 9, upgraded wheels and fiberglass fender and better step on the trailer. Depends upon what you want but that stuff adds up quick if you start adding it on a ZX.

I wish I could get the FX without the pushbutton single touch pad... With real toggle switches.... That would be fantastic..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

12. Member
    If you are looking for a 20 ft boat go with the fx 20. If you don't mind a 20 ft boat with a 225, go with the zx. The fx had a diff hull and is faster.

13. Member
    ZX is the same hull, only reason the FX is faster is because it has an extra 25 HP LOL

There is a little difference in the zx and fx hulls.. they are not exactly the same...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

15. Member
    I chose the zx225 in 2016 and made several upgrades to it...added second power pole and ladder bracket...added hydro jack plate...added sonic hub stereo...added factory cover...added second butt seat...no regrets whatsoever!