Sandy river/briery creek

Anyone fish sandy river and/or briery creek? Never been and planning to fish it this weekend. Just wanting some insight

2. Member
    look at a satellite map on google earth to find the two areas of standing timber at Sandy. Those are good places to start.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

3. Member
    For Briery launch at the 703 Ramp and head up lake. Standing timber everywhere so just start fishing it. Good area but big community hole is where the power lines cross the lake, creek channel is pretty visible there and lot's of big ones are caught in that area.

I believe VAfishing is talking about the 701 ramp. I was there last week for a day. Unbelievable amount of timber. I was dodging submerged treetops more than I was fishing. I managed 5 bass, nothing big. According to the locals the lake was off that day due to all of the rain. I did speak to a few guys on the lake that did well. They caught 12 bass all on lizards. I caught nothing on the bank. All my fish came on a square bill running flats with deep water (7ft) close by. most of the other anglers that would talk were fishing 3-10ft. I probably would have caught more if I threw plastics, but I like cranking. Ill slow down next time I go.
    Mark
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Lowrance HDS 9s
    Lowrance Ghost
    6" Slidemaster Jackplate

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws134 View Post
    I believe VAfishing is talking about the 701 ramp. I was there last week for a day. Unbelievable amount of timber. I was dodging submerged treetops more than I was fishing. I managed 5 bass, nothing big. According to the locals the lake was off that day due to all of the rain. I did speak to a few guys on the lake that did well. They caught 12 bass all on lizards. I caught nothing on the bank. All my fish came on a square bill running flats with deep water (7ft) close by. most of the other anglers that would talk were fishing 3-10ft. I probably would have caught more if I threw plastics, but I like cranking. Ill slow down next time I go.
    Yes 701 ramp. Plastics, Jigs, and Topwaters are the way to go there. A wacky rigged finesse worm can be unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by vafishing View Post
    Yes 701 ramp. Plastics, Jigs, and Topwaters are the way to go there. A wacky rigged finesse worm can be unreal.
    Yep, caught a 8# 11 oz. on April 26th with that rig. Most of the over three dozen more were with that rig also.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Yep, caught a 8# 11 oz. on April 26th with that rig. Most of the over three dozen more were with that rig also.
    I learned to throw it there from the best, you