Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nick, do a search on this site for rite hite jackplates. There's some threads about them breaking. I had mine replaced 3 or 4 years ago after the adjustment bolt sheared off. I run a 23 pitch Yamaha prop on my Pro-V 150 and I get 57 - 58 mph consistently. With that prop, holeshot is ok even with three adults.

Tom

2. Member
    I would definitely get that rite bite jack plate replaced as soon as you are able to do so.

3. Member
    What's a good prop for this combo?

4. Member
    24 Raker is a good prop. You cannot also send it to Mark Croxton to get it balanced and blueprinted.

5. Member
    Yea it's a 24 raker.... are all the rite hite bad or just some?

6. Member
    Also can't I just replace the bolts with better bolts?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1200 View Post
    Yea it's a 24 raker.... are all the rite hite bad or just some?
    Rite hite can be dangerous. Yes, they are right about it. Side master, Vance, and Hydrodynamics are all solid jack plates you cou replace it with. I believe it is more than just the bolts.

8. Member
    Bob's Machine Shop makes a great plate as well. I'd say it's better than the others, but I don't have much experience with Vance and Hydrodynamics. I prefer the Bob's plates over Slidemaster and TH Marine. Once you run the boat, you'll find out pretty quickly if the prop is too much for that boat/motor. I run a 25 tempest with a 200 merc efi on my 188D. It is the perfect balance for me. I would suspect a 24 could be a touch too much for that boat, but I don't have experience with that motor.

9. Member
    Bobs does make a good jack plate as well. I had a Stratos 179 and ran a 24 Laser II and it would really run. A raker is a pretty fast prop. Just run it first to see how it does.

10. Member
    Have you had a chance to take the boat out?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123