Thread: So close.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    RR, obviously you were not hard on the gas from 16 to 37 seconds, correct?

The chart is a little misleading as it's not like you were doing a dyno run and checking acceleration against time and speed........ you're just reflecting a run you made?

Can we assume you were hard on the gas from 18 seconds to 1 minute and 20 seconds?

No matter, it's pretty cool!

I was running slow up to 40. That is when you see the speed start to build. I had to clear a point.

for my prop testing I will monitor it from a 5mph no wake speed up to max for each prop.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

3. Member
    Have you ever tried a uncut P3 or P4. The uncut has a ton more blade surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    25p Bravo XS (Stock)
    30p Bravo XS (B&B with 1" pvs)
    30p Promax (B&B with dual pvs) Just got this prop. Sending it out to be worked
    32p P4 BC (not stock.....)

And what ever else I can get my hands on. Jay has a stock 28p Bravo XS. It would be cool to do the same tests on his 2+2 with 250xs at the same time.

No. I did run a RE4 28p, but that was when I had the 225 and I never maxed it out. I would love to try one again and a uncut P3 and P4.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    I think a p3 cut halfway between a chopper and an et would
    eT would be fun to try

The Pro ET was the fastest prop I have ran on this rig.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I use a iPhone app Speedometer. It was $4 I think. It was way cheaper than buying a data logger. The down side is you have to hand manipulate the data. I personally like that. The app lets you email a GPX file out. I translate the GPX file into long, lat, speed, and distance. I take that file and put it in Excel. It takes about 15 minutes to scrub the data. On the plus side the app logs data at a 1 second rate so you don't have that many points to deal with.

The GPX file will let you overlay it on a google map as well. The app will do that as well. It will also color code the trail with your speed so you can see how fast you were running in a certain place. Cool for long multi boat river runs.

Now that I have it all working I'm going to bring out all my props and run them back to back and log the data. It will be cool to lay the runs on top of each other and see how the props compare.
    Bumping this because of the other thread, do you have an excel template you could send me to download the data too from speedometer?

Sorry, I don't have a sheet that sets it all up. The data has to be scrubbed as the app is recording the entire time you are out. You end up with lots of data.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123