VA guys getting to pre-meeting/launch at Smallwood

How do all of us who live around and put in at Leesylvania get over to the BFL pre-meeting at Smallwood the Friday before at 4pm? Same for the morning of the tournament...I'd be a co and really wouldn't want to make the drive over there when its a 5 min boat ride across the river.

I'd like to just be able to jump on a guy's boat that's headed over and ride back with them as well...that pretty common? Does it work OK if I don't have it set up before and just figure it out at the dock, or should this be setup before hand? I don't know anyone who is serious enough into fishing to fish those tournaments.

I haven't signed up yet, so not sure if I'll be able to, but if I am - does anyone need a co link? I don't want to be a boater, this will be my first BFL.

2. Member
    If your talking about the event this Saturday 5/6 it's too late to link. There is likely a wait list but you might still make it in. As for the ride over you will probably be fine to get a lift from someone but I would get to Leesylvania early. There is even a chance your boater will be launching there too.

3. Member
    Good point about getting there early. Is there normally people at L looking for a ride over there on the meeting days and the tourney mornings?

Shoot, yea I figured it's probably too late for me to sign up...time has been flying for me this year. I thought about this question earlier this year and didn't ask. Might as well figure it out now so I'm prepared for the next one.

Maybe I could even set it up with someone on here. Do you get your boater pairing at the Friday meeting or before then?

4. Member
    Don't know about folks waiting and looking for rides. I have only done it when I knew I had a ride. Yes you get your paring via txt message about that same time as the meeting begins.

5. Member
    As of today there is 19 co's on waiting list. Also why would you waste time going to the meeting your text has everything you need.

6. Member
    Thanks for the info, guys

I assumed the meeting was mandatory...I guess it's not?

19 on the waiting list - seems like a lot. Any idea if a waiting list that long usually makes it in or did I probably miss it? No biggie, but (I think?) that's the last BFL on the Potomac this year.

7. Member
    You have to go to at least one BFL meeting anywhere to sign your liability waiver.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enskyte View Post
    You have to go to at least one BFL meeting anywhere to sign your liability waiver.
    No just sign it in the morning.

9. Member
    I would never suggest that for a boater or Co angler. Too many variables can disrupt tournament day. If I was boater and made late by Co angler for that reason, I would be pissed first thing in the morning. Just not a good practice. Last week at Smallwood, NEBfl, boater woke a little late, park didn't open until 5. We were boat 19, When i parked the truck they were calling boat 123. Shit happens on Tday so control the stuff you can control.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

10. Member
    Don't know if you signed up or not but you made it if you did they were still looking for another co after the meeting