Pool 13 info request

I am new to pool 13 and looking for any good suggestions . I hear spring lake a lot but not sure . I've been up on the north end just lookin but haven't tried anything yet . Did some good at millers landing last year . But mostly been on small lakes in mid Illinois but I recently moved close to the mighty Mississippi and wanna learn it . I have a small aluminum bass boat so I can get back in the sloughs so any advise would be greatly appreciated . Thanks and Good fishin to all !

Browns lake on the Iowa side above Savannah is a special regulations area. You can't keep bass from there. So it's no good for tournaments but is good for fun fishing. It has dredged canals in it. Shallow getting to it sometimes though. Also as you mentioned, Spring lake. It is where a lot of tournaments are won from. Especially in the spring time. There is a boat ramp just south of it. Miller's Bay can be good but it's just not what it once was. Once summer rolls in the sloughs will get much better. Wing damns and even sand bars but I really like points. Lots of water to cover on pool 13. Good luck

3. Member
    Thanks I will check some of those out . Good fishin !

4. Member
    My father is almost blind and I need to find a place where I can get him into some easy fish . Hope that brown lake will do it ? Thanks !

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshunter64 View Post
    My father is almost blind and I need to find a place where I can get him into some easy fish . Hope that brown lake will do it ? Thanks !
    With the water high right now, Brown's will be very easily accessible and probably good fishing. Spring lake, especially now, would be a good spot for easy fishing and it's much easier to access.

6. Member
    Thanks ! I will be going out this weekend .

well how'd you do?

8. Member
    Well go figure this -I went to my trailer and the fridge went out and I had mice again so I spent the weekend cleaning up and didn't even get on the water �� . Gonna try again in two weeks and let you know . Thanks for the ideas and I mapped out some spots when I get out . They will probably be in summer pattern by then ��Lol! Good fishin !