wrap adhesive remover

I just pulled the wrap off my 94 sp200 but a lot of the glue remained on the hull, it is thin and hard clear glue from the wrap , I tried all purpose cleaner but no luck, any ideas?

2. Member
    Try WD40. I do high end detailing, and we'll use it on vehicles from time to time if we're out of Tar-X, which is citrus based stuff. Although it smells similar to say GoJo (just without any grit in it). Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Tar-X cleaner over WD40 even though it takes FOR-FREAKEING-EVER to dissolve stubborn glue and adhesive. But... it doesn't hurt the paint or plastics. WD40 by itself though has been a good overall adhesive remover for decades. For that matter... a cream type hand cleaner (like GoJo) that DOES NOT have any grit in it would be an alternative as well.

Also you can use mineral spirits safely on most surfaces. Just make sure to do a hidden test spot on ANY such chemical before going whole hog with it.

Just be sure afterwards that you use a good safe APC (All Purpose Cleaner) several times to get the WD40, Tar-X, mineral spirits residue removed. I'd even take an applicator (hand buffing sponge) and take some light polishing compound and go over any areas afterwards that had the adhesive remover on them.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 250 Opti w/SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12"

NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Wireless Lighting Controller
    Carbon 12's & 9 on Precision Sonar mounts and A/T.
    GHOST w/3-in-1 & 360.
    Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave