Thread: Pre planning

Pre planning

Looking at a boat purchase this time next year. I've had some bumps and stuff. Would it be smart to see what kind of lone options are available if any so I can make a plan for a future boat loan. Is that a possibility or is having a bunch of inquiries going to do harm. Not sure what to do?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mattiley View Post
    Looking at a boat purchase this time next year. I've had some bumps and stuff. Would it be smart to see what kind of lone options are available if any so I can make a plan for a future boat loan. Is that a possibility or is having a bunch of inquiries going to do harm. Not sure what to do?
    The biggest thing after bumps is to have everything current and up to date. Any open collections or liens will kill a toy loan. It is fine to have current open loans, just be sure everything is current. Lenders like to see things settled down and on time for about 12 months. That proves that things are back on the rails. Rates are trickling up a bit and it's hard to guess where next spring numbers will be. The other thing that can help is to keep credit card balances down. It's good to have a large number between what is available and what is used.
    Let us know when you are ready.
    Thank you,
    Ken