Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Member
    Smoky I feel your pain. I have the exact same motor with the exact same problem. I've been looking at used motors to re power. I am getting 51-52 mph at 4900-5000 rpm. Everything is where it is supposed to be but it will not run right. If I find something that works I will post

2. BBC SPONSOR Smoky Mountain Jigs's Avatar
    hey atxss7. ive been talking with champioNman and im gonna get him to rebuild mine or fix whatever it needs. but this is what i found out. i took it to another guy here and instead of jumping right in on the fuel problem i told him the boat actually only will run 5k to 5100. he got a little camera and he found in cylinder number 3 the piston is upside down like 180 degrees in wrong. he said stamped on the piston is a e thats suppose to face the exhaust side and its actually facing the intake side. u might want to look into to this.
    Chris Owenby Owner
    Smoky Mountain Jigs.com
    Hand Tied Jigs, Spinnerbaits and much more
    2000 Skeeter zx202c - 200 Yamaha Vmax OX66 VX200TLRY

3. Member
    Thanks Smoky, I'm pulling carbs again this weekend and installing new fuel pump. Keep us posted on what all he finds.

4. BBC SPONSOR Smoky Mountain Jigs's Avatar
    i will for sure. let me know how u make out
    Chris Owenby Owner
    Smoky Mountain Jigs.com

5. Member
    Installed new fuel pump. Same. Pulled two carbs and they are spotless. It has to be in the electrical system somewhere. Still going to pull the rest of the carbs tomorrow, just to rule it out.

6. BBC SPONSOR Smoky Mountain Jigs's Avatar
    have you asked for champioNmans help
    Chris Owenby Owner
    Smoky Mountain Jigs.com

7. Member
    I have read every thread between the 2 of you at least 3 times as well as anything else on the net related. Seems this has been a problem on the 1990's V6 motors. Replacing power pack next. If not there, with what I have read and seen on YouTube in could be in the magnetic system on flywheel. There is a good YouTube video where a guy goes thru everything, very informative.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Maybe you could start a new thread, and see where it goes. Sometimes a post that gets stacked on (HiJacked) doesn't normally work out well.

9. BBC SPONSOR Smoky Mountain Jigs's Avatar
    hey brother do as fred is saying that way its a fresh thread. i know id def ask for freds help hes helped me since ive joined. on my last boat with a 175 fast strike he loaned me jugs easy timer just to help me out. theres no other man i trust on my motor then him. thats exactly why im gonna travel 10 hours for his help
    Chris Owenby Owner
    Smoky Mountain Jigs.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567