Gambler on a Sterling trailer

I am in need of a new trailer for my 03 2200 Gambler. Ameritrail has 1 that was built for Sterling and the deal fell thru. Ameritrail said they did not "think" it would work on my Gambler because of changes that were made to the Gamblers in 05. I went thru the proper protocol of chain of command with an email to Gambler on thurs. but have gotten no response. Does anyone know if the pre 05 Gamblers will fit on a Sterling trailer? Thanks..

Can you take some rough measurements of your bunks and have Ameritrail check their trailer? I'd be surprised if there's that much difference. I'm not surprised by Gambler's lack of contacting you. Seems you almost need a court order to get a response.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    I am in need of a new trailer for my 03 2200 Gambler. Ameritrail has 1 that was built for Sterling and the deal fell thru. Ameritrail said they did not "think" it would work on my Gambler because of changes that were made to the Gamblers in 05. I went thru the proper protocol of chain of command with an email to Gambler on thurs. but have gotten no response. Does anyone know if the pre 05 Gamblers will fit on a Sterling trailer? Thanks..
    Mickey, we received your email at 1:00 PM on Thursday. We strive for a three business day response, allowing time to pass your question on to our engineers and get an accurate response. We respond to questions in the order received. You should expect a response on Monday or Tuesday. Have a great weekend.

Customer Service
    Gambler Bass Boats

4. Member
    *applause*
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

5. Member
    ^^Thank you..

Why can't Ameratrail fit it to the trailer for you?

Because they make you bring boat to them!!!!
    youd think they would have the measurements considering they built 1000 over the 9 years of the 2100 life span!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    Because they make you bring boat to them!!!!
    youd think they would have the measurements considering they built 1000 over the 9 years of the 2100 life span!
    That is what I would have thought. That seems ridiculous that they don't have the measurements for a trailer that they built for that long.

Besides that I think you are better off getting a c-channel trailer for your 2100 than the tube trailer that I have seen the Sterling's on. I would imagine you can get a c-channel trailer for a Sterling also though.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

I went through it with my 03 2100 year before last. I can tell you Gambler did not have the measurements as well as Ameritrail did not. However they (Ameritrail) did pick up my boat on the return trip they made up to NC to deliver some trailers. They built the c -channel (which is the way to go imo) right under the boat and it was the BEST fitting trailer I've ever had from them out of many. When I picked up my Sterling last year we had to lift the boat up and make some adjustments to the bunks so I got a chance to study it pretty well. I'm pretty confident in saying I don't think it would work for your 03. If it's not to bad of a drive you could ask them if they'd allow you to bring your boat there and get them to hoist it on the Sterling trailer and see how it fits....just a thought.

10. Member
    That is what I think I am going to have to do. The only reason I questioned using the Sterling trailer is that they have one that the deal fell thru on and I could get it for 2k less than a c-channel and it is powder coat black. Boys I can tell you nothing is easy these days.. Thanks for all the response.

11. Member
    To let you all know Gambler just called to make sure all was resolved with the trailer issue. And John from Ameritrail also called and gave me a couple of good options. So hopefully things will work out.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    To let you all know Gambler just called to make sure all was resolved with the trailer issue. And John from Ameritrail also called and gave me a couple of good options. So hopefully things will work out.
    Hope this works out for you. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Gambler Bass Boats

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler Bass Boats View Post
    Hope this works out for you. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Gambler Bass Boats
    Well done

15. Member
    Thanks Gambler for helping answer questions.

16. Member