Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are a lot of posts about pit bull attacks. Seems like we hear about every one of them on here. There might be 10-15 a year total nation wide. Seems like a silly thing to worry about. There's a lot of human trash in society that's more of a threat to us then any dog or wild animal.

2. Member
    I'm def suspicious of people who don't like dogs and/or don't like pets in general. I'm equally suspicious of those who have waay too many pets.

3. Member
    I have a boxer that doesn't like anyone until she can smell them from one end to the other. Then she will point out any physical cuts bruises etc. if you are sick she will find it. Son had a tumor in his leg that he had to have removed recently. It was cancer. Long story but he is starting radiation in a few days. We knew about it for a while but she would point it out every time he came to the house. Yes animals are smart and have senses we don't have. One draw back for them however,they don't have thumbs!

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftSS View Post
    I'm def suspicious of people who don't like dogs and/or don't like pets in general. I'm equally suspicious of those who have waay too many pets.

Or people that are way too obsessed with their pets.

Very True and I trust my 2 labs a lot more than must people

6. Member
    My lab mix has a little bit of Will Rogers in him. He never met a man he didn't like.

31 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2016. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 900 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 71% (22) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6% of the total U.S. dog population.2
    Together, pit bulls (22) and rottweilers (2), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 77% of the total recorded deaths in 2016. This same combination also accounted for 76% of all fatal attacks during the 12-year period of 2005 to 2016.
    The breakdown between these two breeds is substantial over this 12-year period. From 2005 to 2016, pit bulls killed 254 Americans, about one citizen every 17 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 43, a citizen every 102 days (Related graph).

Dog bites and other dog-related injuries accounted for more than one-third of all homeowners insurance liability claim dollars paid out in 2016, costing more than $600 million.
    Dog Bite Liability by Insurance Information Institute, 2017
    In 2016, dogs attacked over 6,750 U.S. Postal Service employees -- over 200 more attacks than last year. The city of Los Angeles had the most attacks (80).
    United States Postal Service (USPS), April 2017
    Approximately 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the United States. Nearly 1 out of 5 bites becomes infected..

Dogsbite.org is the source.

P01135809

8. Banned
    That's why I always have bacon in my pockets

I can judge a person's kids without meeting them by the actions of the owner and his dog.

10. Member
    I'm not a bumper sticker guy, but if I had to put one on my truck it would be "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog".

11. Member

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    I have a boxer that doesn't like anyone until she can smell them from one end to the other. Then she will point out any physical cuts bruises etc. if you are sick she will find it. Son had a tumor in his leg that he had to have removed recently. It was cancer. Long story but he is starting radiation in a few days. We knew about it for a while but she would point it out every time he came to the house. Yes animals are smart and have senses we don't have. One draw back for them however,they don't have thumbs!
    My female will lick cuts and in a couple of days, the cut will have healed. She is batting 1,000. Did You also know that dogs will only crap where the 'energy' is stronger? My first Weimaraner would always leave a deuce in the spot of the yard. My #3 'Sherman' would deuce-down always in/about the same spot on our daily walks. I told the neighbor about dogs crapping where the energy is greater and He thought I was trying to be funny, then a couple of weeks later there were articles about the 'science' behind it..

https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...research-finds <--- CAUTION Pic of Lab dropping deuce ..

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    is that Al in 1940

15. Member
    Yep.
    Praying for a Cure

Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    31 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2016. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 900 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 71% (22) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6% of the total U.S. dog population.2
    Together, pit bulls (22) and rottweilers (2), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 77% of the total recorded deaths in 2016. This same combination also accounted for 76% of all fatal attacks during the 12-year period of 2005 to 2016.
    The breakdown between these two breeds is substantial over this 12-year period. From 2005 to 2016, pit bulls killed 254 Americans, about one citizen every 17 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 43, a citizen every 102 days (Related graph).

Dog bites and other dog-related injuries accounted for more than one-third of all homeowners insurance liability claim dollars paid out in 2016, costing more than $600 million.
    In 2016, dogs attacked over 6,750 U.S. Postal Service employees -- over 200 more attacks than last year. The city of Los Angeles had the most attacks (80).
    Approximately 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the United States. Nearly 1 out of 5 bites becomes infected..

They deserved it, trust me.

17. Banned
    If,n a dog don't like ya..you got issues.

18. Banned
    Below is the perfect example of being able to make statistics say anything you want. The below makes pit bulls sound terrible... but consider, it was only 22 events! Now how many homicides were committed that same year? Well it was easier to find just Chicago... 762. So add the 22 dog events and you get 784. Now the pit bulls were only responsible for 2.8%. That is only if all the pit pull events were in Chicago... now extrapolate that out to the entire U.S.!!! Then add in the deaths from car crashes, boat crashes, disease (all) and you would see that the pit pulls would have been responsible for a very minuscule percentage. From the CDC, here is the death count for 2014: 2,626,418. So as you can see, if the percentage of pit bull death events was equal on a percentage bases, in 2014 pit pulls were responsible for .0000838% of deaths!!! OMG!!!

The dogs have a predisposition to do what they were bred to do, but they have to be taught to be mean!!!

PS, editing to add the link to my source material: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/deaths.htm

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl1966 View Post
    they always said that smart dogs were a good judge of someones character

Benny Rigney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12