Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    they was TROLLING for Stumps , Boulders & Rocks

2. Member
    He probably bumped the switch with his knee or with anything running in that rough of water. They don't deploy by themselves very reliable product.

Partially down to add drag, which would help keep the how high in the rough water????

1999 Triton TR-19 PDC
    1999 Mercury 175 EFI
    25P Tempest Prop-worked by Croxton
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MDI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI Console
    Humminbird Helix 5
    Humminbird Mega 360
    Mega Live
    8in Vance MFG. jack plate
    2 10ft Minnkota Raptors

i have a 10' blade on my 22' bay boat. i have been in nasty shit like this and never did it deploy on its own. They may not have picked them up all the way and not noticed or some may have deployed if they were slamming waves hard.

mhines - adding drag would keep the bow down, not high. Just like trim tabs on bay boats to keep the bow down but i highly doubt a 1" diameter pole will add enough to keep the bow down. They would be better off trimming down and burying the jack plate.

5. Member
    Only reason why they deploy on their own is if they have a leak or pressure bleed off in the system somewhere

6. Member
    Seen a few boats leaving the aoy event in door county a few ago with busted poles. Broke spikes duct tape and one boat with one missing. Advertising is very strong and I guess CS is very good.
    Nitro z21

7. Derek McCullough
    My 8ft Blades don't slap or make noise and have never deployed on their own. I made a 25 mile run on some very rough conditions on Chickamauga last weekend and my poles never made a sound.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    My 8ft Blades don't slap or make noise and have never deployed on their own. I made a 25 mile run on some very rough conditions on Chickamauga last weekend and my poles never made a sound.

9. Member
    I have no "Dog in the Fight" yet regarding Power Poles but I have driven off with my fiberglass pole deployed from my Stay-Put pole.
    "Drive Off Protections" from Power Poles per Sport Fishing article:
    Power-Pole’s drive-off protection system includes a relief valve that bleeds off hydraulic pressure when the stern of the boat squats. It prevents damage to the Power-Pole while preserving its functionality for the next spot.

Talon, on the other hand, features an Auto Alarm that emits a tone each time you turn the ignition key to the “on” position when the anchor is not retracted. That said, taking off with the Talon in the deployed position could cause damage to your anchor or boat.

Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    Will say what I did notice in looking at all those pics was how many pros are running the Russell Marine Products light on there poles. Congrats to my bud Justin on a great product not only for us Powerpole guys but for Talon owners as well.
    Except they don't ship to Canada..that sucks
    Risen From The Ashes!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASS24-7 View Post
    most likely they left them that way to avoid having to listen to the annoying pole slap all the way back in that rough water
    No slap on my 10 foot blades
    Risen From The Ashes!!

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    Except they don't ship to Canada..that sucks
    we can get one and ship to canada for you

13. Member
    So I didn't know this until this year when I had a tournament on gville and we had a storm get up that was awful...I was on the lower end with a friend that fishes alot up north...the trick to that is letting your poles halfway down and it puts a little more weight further back and helps keep the nose of your boat in the air
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12