Autochart Live Data will not display complete lake - loads intermittently

Helix 9 Mega with Zero Line Card installed.

Hi - I purchased a helix 9 mega and started mapping my lake using live. One thing i noticed, after mapping a large portion of the lake, say 200 acres or so, when i zoom in and out on the chart the live data overlay appears to "load" in sections. When i zoom all the way out to show the entire lake (only 700 acres) it will not load/show all of the live data, contour lines. I used up the 8 hours and installed a zero line card hoping it will possibly correct the issue. It didnt. I can not zoom out and see all of the contours from live, it will only show a portion. I have to zoom in to a certain range before it will display a full screen of contours.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason that it seems to "reload" the overlay each time i zoom in and out on the chart view? Is there a way to correct this so it does not "reload" the overlay?

By the way, live mapping is awesome.

Does anyone else see this same thing happening when they zoom in and out viewing live overlay data?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiejoes View Post
    Does anyone else see this same thing happening when they zoom in and out viewing live overlay data?
    Mine does exactly as you describe on Helix 9 gen1. Have not been able to show all on my local 200ac lake at same time.

Ok, good to know it wasnt just my setup. I will reach out to Humminbird directly for a SW update.

5. Member
    Let us know if they have a fix, i'm running the latest update fwiw.

Adding picture for Humminbird support.

Attached Images Attached Images

Received response back from humminbird, there is a 1km by 1km square display limitation. Makes sense visually when looking at the image above. My assumption is that it is limited by processing (video) power of the head unit itself.

Is there a way to make the overlay data a permanent image similar to a lakemaster SD card? I have not tried but i would assume if i stuck a lakemaster chip in the head unit and scrolled out i would be able to see the entire lakes contour lines (albeit they may adjust to 3-5 foot contours at that distance of zoom). Unable to check this lake as it does not have contours on lakemaster, which is the reason i am mapping it.

8. Member
    • JcksnGhst

MemberJoin DateMay 2017LocationGeorgiaPosts7

#8Today, 12:54 AM
      What became of this? Any answer?
      I made a great chart using record and auto chart live and then realize since I did not have Pro I needed not to record I was told... Who knows?
      With this map I was able to zoom all the way into 20 feet but when I restarted all over now I have the same issue as a gentleman above I get a "no chart" zooming in past 100 feet.

So was this ever resolved with an answer? Thank you!

9. Member
    Helix 9 Mega with Zero Line Card installed.

Hi - I purchased a helix 9 mega and started mapping my lake using live. One thing i noticed, after mapping a large portion of the lake, say 200 acres or so, when i zoom in and out on the chart the live data overlay appears to "load" in sections. When i zoom all the way out to show the entire lake (only 700 acres) it will not load/show all of the live data, contour lines. I used up the 8 hours and installed a zero line card hoping it will possibly correct the issue. It didnt. I can not zoom out and see all of the contours from live, it will only show a portion. I have to zoom in to a certain range before it will display a full screen of contours.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason that it seems to "reload" the overlay each time i zoom in and out on the chart view? Is there a way to correct this so it does not "reload" the overlay?

By the way, live mapping is awesome.

Recently I purchased Hummibird Solix G2 MSI+, and I have exactly the same issue
    Please kindly let know if anyone has a solution for that issue
    Thank you in advance :)

Is there a way to make the overlay data a permanent image similar to a lakemaster SD card? I have not tried but i would assume if i stuck a lakemaster chip in the head unit and scrolled out i would be able to see the entire lakes contour lines (albeit they may adjust to 3-5 foot contours at that distance of zoom). Unable to check this lake as it does not have contours on lakemaster, which is the reason i am mapping it.
    You can use Autochart or Autochart PRO software for the PC to create a map that would be like a Lakemaster map. It also requires a Zero Lines card. I don't know what happens if you have Autochart Live data as well as the Autochart PC mapping on the same card. I would use a different ZLC
    There is a learning curve to use the PC software .... If you search there are some old tutorials on here about it and there is a website dedicated to using it, but last time I checked it was not very active and had no active moderator. Seems like everyone likes the instant gratification of Autochart Live.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

11. Member
    You are so right Bob. I am so stuck in dark ages trying to figure out how, and what I can do. Auto chart pro, is way more than what people think it is. Just figuring out how to transfer waypoints and other data is kind of like playing darts blind folded and spun around about three or four times