Pro Angler Crappie Rod

Just passing this along for others like me who are Bass Fishermen without a clue when it comes to Crappie fishing... Nothing to gain other than trying to save someone the frustration I have gone through through my trial and errors. I am by no means a serious Crappie fisherman but love it when I need a break from the chunk and grind!

After breaking two NEW Wally Marshalls (same day) boat flipping very average size Crappie, I ordered the 8' Pro Angler Crappie Rods. Holy Cow... these Rods are the deal and will not be breaking.

For me and my Crappie fishing needs, best $49.00 I have ever spent

Lots of folks down here in TX use and swear by them. If you should break a tip, you can buy a replacement upper section.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Member
    Great rod and excellent customer service! I have an 8 ft PA and an 8 ft Bonehead and both are great. Broke the tip on the Bonehead in my rod locker - called them to see if they sell replacement top halfs. No dice, so I put the top portion of the ProAngler on it and it worked like a champ. Went to the ProAngler website and ordered a new top half and got it in the mail a few days later. Best $45 or so dollar rod out there - imho!

They are the best of the crappie specific rods IMHO. I've been fishing them off and on for at least 7 years. Unfortunately my tastes are expensive (in spite of my fund levels) so I really prefer my St Croix Avids but with that said I can catch as many fish with a Pro Angler as I can the 'Croix's....

5. Member
    I have used Pro Anglers for some time now and found that the tips break very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblebum View Post
    I have used Pro Anglers for some time now and found that the tips break very easily.
    I guess anything is possible, but that's the first time I've heard that about Pro Anglers. Lots of folks here in Texas swear by them. Seems we hear more about the Wally Marshalls and BnM poles breaking than anything else.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."