USA Trigger on M&P Shield 45 acp

I recently purchased a S&W M&P Shield in 45 acp. When dry firing it is smooth, but when it breaks, you feel and hear a spring like sound. This did not occur on one at a store where I looked at them. But did occur on one at another store.

It did NOT occur on 9mm Shield. The guy at the store said it had to do with a heavier spring in the 45 than the 9mm.

I only own one other striker fired pistol ( Ruger LC9s ) which doesn't make that noise or feel. But then again it was a 9mm. if that means anything. I just am not that familiar with striker fired pistols. Any information would be helpful.

2. Member
    YES, heavier is correct. Do yourself a favor & order an APEX trigger & Sear kit & you will love it even more.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I have a M&P Shield .45 ACP. I just got it and I like it alot. My trigger pull is not gritty at all. I DO NOT hear any "SPRING" like sound.
    I really like it and I also have a M&P shield 9MM with an APEX trigger kit. It makes it sweet with less travel....BUT you do not need the trigger
    with it. I will put one in my new .45 as they are available now. I won't replace the trigger,
    You can get one for around $85 and it is easy to install. Plenty of HOW TO on you tube.

https://www.apextactical.com/blog/in...-mp-shield-45/
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Last edited by Pokie Pa; 05-01-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex