Be careful on Ky and Barkley

My fishing buddy has been the last few days and trees are floating just under the water on both lakes. Barkley is bad muddy and Ky is on the main lake, bays are still good shape.

I have feeling it's going to get worse
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

3. Member
    I hope not, with the usa bassin tournaments down there next week the lake is gonna be packed. Alot of tore up lower units prolly

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    I hope not, with the usa bassin tournaments down there next week the lake is gonna be packed. Alot of tore up lower units prolly
    If they use common sense they should be fine. I've yet to see KY or Barkley be as bad as some of the days we've had on the Ohio River in Louisville in April or May.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    If they use common sense they should be fine. I've yet to see KY or Barkley be as bad as some of the days we've had on the Ohio River in Louisville in April or May.

USA Bassin has multiple championships. They have one for directors, divisional winners, past champions, co-ed, youth and there is the main championship for the ones who qualified. From now (4/28) until May 6th there is 3 different championships going on. Today 4/28 was day one of the Ranger Aluminum Cup. There was 220 boats and 100 place had almost 14 pounds. If 100 th place had 13.90 and around 140 boats of the 220 boats had a 5 fish limit then fish are biting good.
    Last edited by JR19; 04-28-2017 at 06:59 PM.

7. Member
    17 bags over 20lbs, thTs pretty stout
    They aint got hands, set the hook

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    It was as bad as I ever seen Ky Lake in 45 years of fishing what 5 years ago when we had the record levels on both Lakes, there was big eddies on the main river on both lakes and tall timber floating as well as a heck of a lot of smaller stuff, only time I can remember TVA stating to stay off both lakes.

9. Member
    Holy cow at the weights down there from the USA tourny. That lake has to be fishing pretty amazing
    They aint got hands, set the hook

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    The numbers were slightly down on day two but they were still very good numbers. Around 100 boats had limits both days. 100 th place had a two day average of 12.86 (25.66 for 2 days). It took 35.81 to cash a check. Last money place had to average of 17.90 in two days just to get a check. First place had an average of 25.79 for 2 days (51.58) That is pretty stout numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    The numbers were slightly down on day two but they were still very good numbers. Around 100 boats had limits both days. 100 th place had a two day average of 12.86 (25.66 for 2 days). It took 35.81 to cash a check. Last money place had to average of 17.90 in two days just to get a check. First place had an average of 25.79 for 2 days (51.58) That is pretty stout numbers.
    Bet a lot of those fish came from south KY
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

12. Member
    Wow, those are pretty absurd numbers.

13. Banned
    I drove by Wilson Dam this afternoon, and they've got every available spillway wide open--well over 2500' wide wall of water being put into the upper Pickwick Lake. I assume TVA still has Kentucky Dam running wide open too.

Wilson's water level was about max Summer pool, however it's a different kind of lake with levels only going up and down about 3' a year.

The coming weeks should be interesting downstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Holy cow at the weights down there from the USA tourny. That lake has to be fishing pretty amazing
    Ugh. I fished north barkley yesterday for 12 hours and put 2 fish in the boat. I must be missing something

Quote Originally Posted by psycoticbean View Post
    Ugh. I fished north barkley yesterday for 12 hours and put 2 fish in the boat. I must be missing something
    How did the water look?
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

The bays were fine. TVA was pulling so much water the main lake was chocolate milk. I was dodging trees for about 5 mins then I gave up. Headed back into the bay and stayed put. Maybe why I didn't have great success. It wasn't worth it for me to lose a lower unit

17. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I'm hoping there won't be much debris down there this week. I'm headed down tomorrow to stay through Friday. I'm staying around Aurora, planned to launch at Ken Lake, or if its too crowded (which it usually is) then I would launch at Fenton. I want to run south just a few miles. Guess I could just take it easy. Will any of the resorts let you launch at their launch ramps? Or do you have to stay there. I know Moors used to let people launch there.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Get ready they have dropped the bottom out and I'm hearing if this rain has no where to go and the Mississippi is full the lake levels may reach 364 really quick.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R