Ultrex install almost complete

I have it mounted, wired, including the heading sensor and bounce buster.
    The plan is to float it Saturday for the calibration and dry run/ shake down, cant wait.
    Hopefully the instructions to learn it and the remote are not too complicated for this old school dummy!

The motor is on a fairly new Ranger 521c and my home body of water is the Ca Delta.
    Although a truly terrific fishery it is also tidal water and you can never relax or even re-tie without a lot of planning.
    Looking forward to hitting the spotlock and either retying or even looking for a bait buried somewhere within that tank

2. Member
    Wish I had the Ultrex last time I was there....LOL Hate traveling 500+ miles just to fight more wind+current while a back seater gets to enjoy the fishing...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Please give us a report, Ron. I am going to get one as soon as availability is better, Thanks. Len

4. Member
    It worked really well, essentially as advertized.
    The steering or foot pedal portion does take some getting used to as many have said, it is lighting quick.

I like everything about it, the shock has been either beefed up or improved becasue it works very well.
    The functions on the pedal are easy to see and even easier to hear, which is also good.

The remote is not intuitive, at least for me. I dont know if I have the latest sofware version. Having said that the pairing and the calibration part was super easy.

Spot lock works well, the scale needs to be set to reflect the size of boat you have. I like it.
    The heading portion is pretty cool too, I can set my speed on constant, line the boat up visually then hit the heading button and she will track right down the bank. Super neat!

Motor is strong as you would expect, quite as well.
    This motor sits higher on my Ranger and the cover does not work as well, it still works but not as well.

5. Member
    Any problems with batteries/excessive wear because of the autopilot or spotlock functions? I haven't had any issues but have heard reports (propaganda) of it draining batteries....LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    no such issues for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    no such issues for me.
    Same here
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-