For you Fabrique Nationale guys/gals......

The FN-509 has Shipped as of Today

Retail $650.....Street price looks to be hovering right around $500 or so right now. $550 with night sights

2. Member
    30 views & no love for FN huh?

Guess I'll be the only one waiting to try one.....Short line to get my ice cream this time I guess

Looks pretty good and a whole lot better than Springfield's new "masterpiece"...that XDe thing is a real let down IMO. I was drooling over the fde FNS 9 compact a while back, but life keeps postponing firearm purchases. Is this an update/replacement for the FNS series?

4. Member
    I personally do not know 1st hand of this is a direct replacement or not. What I do know is this pistol was being designed for the Army MHS trials. It never made it to trials I guess (call it a fail). They focused more on LEO & Commercial use after that. Larry Vickers had some input on it's design. There is a possibility of it replacing the FNS line at some time, I do not see that in the near future at this time till the 509 series adapts to .40 & .45 respectively.

Funny I mention Mr Vickers. He has been an advocate for using Glocks over the years, but will state the factory one's always need work to make them right. He still likes them to some degree, but will be the 1st to argue about there overall use. In my words, he does not drink the Koolaid anymore ........getting to my point, He has made comment about this pistol now & was excited upon it's release. I can go on about his comment but you can see them all over different sources on Forums/internet. m4carbine is an excellent source to read his full disclosure on his opinion. Some take it was grain of salt & some believe he is the holy grail (as he has had Vickers Tactical version Glock's before).....I am impartial either way, but take his professional experience as insight to a much wider view than some.

To save time I will post an extraction made from another forum he was commenting on;

I don't see this wannabe Glock or any other wannabe Glock offering anything as good or better than the original. It there's no performance gain then there's no reason to change.

L.Vickers
    I will argue the point here; the HK VP9 is dramatically more accurate than any Glock I have ever fired and is every bit as reliable. So I would say based on my experience, which I would think is considerable by anyone's standards, some pistols do offer more than a Glock. I am a fan of Glock pistols ( hence why 15,000 have been sold with my name attached to them) but I also call it as I see it. Glocks are the most popular pistols in the world but to insinuate they are the only good pistol or nothing else offers anything as good or better is simply not true.

You can formulate your own opinion on that subject if you wish. I find his insight quite unique & with as much knowledge as he has had in the industry the last 20+ years, I'm not sure you can ignore his comments much.

AS far as the XDe....I can see a market for it Especially for the Springfield followers. Hammer fired polymer gun have been successful with a lot of Military & Law Enforcement over the years, but I can see they may be a bit late to the party. The HK USP has been dubbed one of the best DA/SA poly-hammer fired guns to this date. Yes there are a few DA/SA that might be a bit better (CZ75 for instance) but those are not polymer, they are all or mostly metal/allot framed.

I'm still interested in FNS-9c FDE as well, it is a size between the Glock 43 & 19. Now if there was a FNX-9T I would be jonesin for that as well. Might as well add the FN57 too. SCAR17, M249S,

6. Member
    I know lots of folks will like that thing but for me it does nothing. I'm a revolver and 1911 guy.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igore67 View Post
    I'm still interested in FNS-9c FDE as well, it is a size between the Glock 43 & 19. Now if there was a FNX-9T I would be jonesin for that as well. Might as well add the FN57 too. SCAR17, M249S,
    My list of Both FN & HK stuff is too long, and not enuf $ for the things I have on there......can anyone say German SP5K with FAS Maybe MK7

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    30 views & no love for FN huh?
    FN, sure, but only the right arm of the free world.

Bill

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    FN, sure, but only the right arm of the free world.

Bill
    I guess if your an FAL fan

10. Member
    The 509 looks sharp. Have not fired one. Love my FNP 45. It's a huge handgun but a very sweet shooter.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 31Airborne View Post
    The 509 looks sharp. Have not fired one. Love my FNP 45. It's a huge handgun but a very sweet shooter.
    have had opportunity to shoot an FNX45Tac on some occasions......very sweet indeed, but my pocket book is dead for one.