Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ever get a call from someone wanting to know why you called them when you didn't?

Recently got a call from some woman wanting to know why I called her number, who I was wanting to talk to, and asking who I was. I normally don't answer an unknow #, but it was from my home town, and thought it may be someone that knew me. My phone was in my pocket, her number was not in my address book, and didn't show up under my recent calls. She insisted that I had called and my number was shown on her phone, and wouldn't accept my response that I didn't call her. She just kept harassing me about calling her.

I finally got mad enough to say, Look lady, I don't give a eff, what number your phone shows, you didn't not get a call from my phone and hung up, then blocked her number. I could hear her unloading on me as I hung up. I'm not sure how her caller id was incorrect, but she didn't get a call from me.

Did you consult your split personality?

3. Member
    She probably did get call from you because your number has been hijacked by scammers, this happens to people all the time...............Google (Card holder Services) and see what comes up.

It's called "spoofing". Someone else used your phone number to call her trying to scam her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

I work for a Phone company and we get this all the time. It's called spoofing and will likely continue for a little while till they move onto someone elses number

Well this call back I got wasn't nearly as bad as one I got several years ago from a man demanding to know what I was doing calling his 9 year old girl's phone. I was fearful from that one. It sounded like the guy would have dang near killed me. Didn't like it when I asked him why he would even allow a 9 year old daughter to have her own cell phone either.

I don't answer any number I don't know.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I could of had fun with that phone call. I rarely hang up on someone I get them to hang up on me. I would have told her I was a local pimp recruiting ho's for my stable. I would have inquired about her ability to pleasure a man. I would have came up with one question after another about her ability and skills to be a prostitute. Eventually she would hang up. If she calls back do a 180* spin around. Tell her your the youth pastor and your recruiting new members for your church group. Be overly christian almost to the point that you rant about why people should be in church and how your goal is to save her soul. Trust me they will hang up on you. There is no need to hang up on them.

One of my personal favorites is when some guy called me about 3-4 times in a few minute period looking for his girlfriend. First call I politely told him he had the wrong number. He instantly insist that he had the right number and knew I was there with his girlfriend because he had drove buy and saw my car. At this point it was game on for me. I had him so wound up I am too ashamed to tell the story. My point is this. If you call someone and they politely tell you you have the wrong number then you need to verify that you have dialed the correct number and the number you were trying to dial is the correct number. If you call someone and insist they called you first when you never called them then its fair game for me to get you wound up to the point that you hang up and never call back.

9. Member
    BTDT.....I carried on a conversation for over a half hour with a wrong # call once.....she was finally embarrassed when I asked her......"So was it good for you last night"

Had another one I had fun with over text messages.....exchanged about 20 or so till they figured out it wasn't who they thought it was. I still asked if they were going to come over to watch a movie with me

10. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Recently got a call from some woman wanting to know why I called her number, who I was wanting to talk to, and asking who I was.
    That happened to me before. Turned out the misguided, angry young lady on the other end was reading the number wrong from her call history instead of hitting redial. She told me to stop calling her and after the usual defense about how I'm not calling her, she said she was going to call the Police. I said that's perfect, you call them, they need to get involved because you're harassing me, I've got phone records, and in fact I'm begging you to call them. She kept running that mouth and I said look, what does your call history show? She read off a number that was one digit from mine. I think I called her something similar to she was an unintelligent rear-end and hung up. Never got a call back.

Also, telemarketers and malicious folks use fake caller ID numbers so that the call appears to be from another number.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    That happened to me before. Turned out the misguided, angry young lady on the other end was reading the number wrong from her call history instead of hitting redial. She told me to stop calling her and after the usual defense about how I'm not calling her, she said she was going to call the Police. I said that's perfect, you call them, they need to get involved because you're harassing me, I've got phone records, and in fact I'm begging you to call them. She kept running that mouth and I said look, what does your call history show? She read off a number that was one digit from mine. I think I called her something similar to she was an unintelligent rear-end and hung up. Never got a call back.

Also, telemarketers and malicious folks use fake caller ID numbers so that the call appears to be from another number.
    you know the word dumbass is not banned on here right

the word **** is but dumbass is not

Had an elderly lady accidently forward her phone to my number a couple of years ago. I got a number of weird calls from her family, friends, bill collectors and one loan shark (I think). The lady had no idea how to fix it (I finally got in touch with her). Wound up with me, her, AT&T, and Verizon on a conference call to get it straightened out. Strange couple of days...
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

I got a random text yesterday asking me to go to an major league baseball game when this unknown person came to town. When I asked who was texting me they never replied.
    14' Alumacraft Green machine.
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    24V. 75# Motorguide (tiller)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

14. Member
    Yes, just the other day.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Had an elderly lady accidently forward her phone to my number a couple of years ago. I got a number of weird calls from her family, friends, bill collectors and one loan shark (I think). The lady had no idea how to fix it (I finally got in touch with her). Wound up with me, her, AT&T, and Verizon on a conference call to get it straightened out. Strange couple of days...
    This happened to us once, but it was a manager for an apartment complex that forwarded their main line to her cell phone on a Friday afternoon. She screwed up the number and was one off digit. We got bombarded with calls from people at all hours about issues with their apartment or trying to find out info about renting and ended up unplugging our house phone.

16. Member
    Happened to me. It my number was calling an employee that I had just disciplined. I called ATT to file a complaint and have it documented in my file that it was call ID spoofing. Then called the FCC to file a complaint. I took that complaint number from the FCC and gave it to our HR department just in case this guy tried to say I was harassing him.

17. Member
    I got a call from someone saying they were from the IRS looking to collect back taxes. Went through his hole spill and said if I didn't pay up now they would come to my house in the morning. I said will I've been running from the IRS for 25 years and I must owe in the millions, but I'll be gone from here by the time you get here in the morning and it will take you another 25 years to find me again and hung up. LOL

I've had people text me pictures of their kids before. Messed up the number or something. I couldn't help but think if your sending pictures of all things your kids over the phone wouldn't you make damn sure you knew where they were going first?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Did you consult your split personality?

20. Member
    I had a missed call from my brother one time. So I call him back and we talk for a little while and I finally get around and ask him what he wanted? He said he didn't call me. Come to find out a couple days later he phone was just calling people he got a new phone and that ended the random calling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast