Battery Watering Kits

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but was wondering if any one has, or has tried a battery watering kit on the batteries?
    I work as a Service Manager for cleaning equipment, i.e. scrubbers etc. and we put several on customers machines, there caps that go on the battery with clear tubing routed to each one then you connect to a free flow, or hand pump operated jug to fill the batteries.
    I'm thinking of trying it, but was wondering I anyone on here as tried it

Thanks
    Nitro Z-7

2009 Nitro Z-7, 150 Optimax, 24P Tempest Plus, Hydraulic steering, Minn Kota Fortrex Tm, Hummingbird 859c HD DI Ram mounted on bow, Hummingbird 859c HD Ram mounted by dash, Elite 5X mounted in console, 4 bank Delta view charger, 8" Z Lock Pro-Hi Jacker, Hot Foot, Pro Trim and Dual PP.
    61 MPH GPS

Fishing is life
    Life is fishing

2. Member

3. Member
    Interesting...I have never used the Qwik-Fill. Anyone tried it? Pros/Cons?

Ranger 521 DVX
    Yamaha 250 HPDI VMAX

4. Member
    Interesting, but after reading the neutral and negative reviews on Amazon...??? richg99

Seems that installation takes more height than my battery area has available. You have to buy an additional hand pump to make it work properly, and in one case, it started over-filling the guy's batteries.

What do you guys think?
    richg99
    https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Rite-MP2.../dp/B001FCAXZO

I have the flow rite quick fill , no problems works great , tip do not hook more than two batteries together (takes too much pressure to fill 3) also keep you fill tubes as short as possible , I have 4 batts hooked up 2 and 2 , I like it can fill batteries in about 5 minutes and no removing caps

2009 ELITE 210

How do you know not to overfill the batts with the flo-rite?
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

Quote Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
    How do you know not to overfill the batts with the flo-rite?
    there is a bladder(? don't know exactly what to call it ) inside the caps that stops the water flow once batteries are filled to the correct level

2009 ELITE 210

8. Member
    Works good especially if your batteries are hard to get to.

9. Member
    I just use a clear condiment bottle and plastic tubing from a hardware store, about two feet that fits over the nipple. I use distilled water, works great, never had a problem and always filled just to the bottom of the first plastic part in each hole. It is part of my monthly maintenance list. I use trojan batteris. Had them for 5 years and replacement them with AGM twice, all 3 in less than 15 months. Said screw it and went back to trojans, been trouble free every since.
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

11. Member
    I have them in my RV and I had them in my last boat Skeeter 300ZX, I've had like 3 different RV and had them in all of them. These work amazing, no mess no fuss, and yes no more than 2 batteries at a time hooked up.

You can't overfill them, they have floats in the caps to keep the levels perfect. I usually check the RV once a month as I leave it plugged in year round, and I check use to check the boat once ever other month.

Just remember not to throw the caps off the old battery away, just in case you have to replace the battery, you won't have covers to bring the battery back for the core charge.

12. Member
    The floats can gum up with lead and stick. If you rinse them off every year or two no worries.
    Please release me,let me go.