Charles Sim

Looking for motel tips

Hey Guys,

I'm coming down to the Bay May 20-22 for the first time as a pre-fish for the BASS Nation Regionals June 10-16, I was looking for a little advice on good motels in the area, boat friendly, accessible, etc.... I probably wouldn't say no to a fishing tip or two also. lol

Thanks!
    Charles

Comfort Inne on 272 always has boats there. Limited outlets so bring a long cord and splitter. It's adjacent to a Denny's and truck stop. Minutes from the ramp. Or Holiday Inn right up the road. Lot's a good food in Northeast MD.
    If it's your first time there stay in the channels. The "back channel" isn't marked with buoys but should be on your chart. My best advice is mark a good trail at low tide. And watch out for a blowout tide.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Comfort Inn

1 Center Dr, North East, MD 21901

(410) 287-7100
    About 5 minutes from the ramp at Anchor Marine on route 272 which turns into main street in Northeast. Outdoor hookups for electric. There is also a Holiday Inn Express across the road and a Best Western half a mile up the road.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesS View Post
    Hey Guys,

I probably wouldn't say no to a fishing tip or two also. lol

Thanks!
    Charles
    If you are going to be there early Saturday and want to fish there is an Open tx launching from Anchor Marine.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=808167

5. Charles Sim
    Thanks all, greatly appreciate the motel info. Always iffy heading to a new area!

6. Charles Sim
    Hey Guys, Any thoughts on the Super 8 in Havre De Grace, with regards to going there with a boat?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesS View Post
    Hey Guys, Any thoughts on the Super 8 in Havre De Grace, with regards to going there with a boat?
    Not familiar with that particular motel, but there is a high toll to cross the Susquehanna river every day if you are going to launch out of the Anchor Marine ramp. Tandem axle trailer toll is $ 24.00. Single axle is $ 16.00

Route 40 Hatem Bridge :
    Axle Count
    Current Rate
    2-axle - $8.00
    3-axle - $16.00
    4-axle - $24.00

As basscat says Charles if launching at tidings maybe good idea if Anchor is your launch site stay on north side of river.

9. Member
    Stayed at the Super 8 a couple weeks ago. Very friendly staff, two restaurants within walking distance. They have 5 or 6 spots in the back where you can leave the truck hooked up to the boat. You'll need a 100' extension cord. Just minutes from tidings. Stay elsewhere if putting in on the North East.

10. Charles Sim
    Wow thanks for that tip... that's a $$ saving tip for sure!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BASSCAT7 View Post
    Not familiar with that particular motel, but there is a high toll to cross the Susquehanna river every day if you are going to launch out of the Anchor Marine ramp. Tandem axle trailer toll is $ 24.00. Single axle is $ 16.00

Route 40 Hatem Bridge :
    Axle Count
    Current Rate
    2-axle - $8.00
    3-axle - $16.00
    4-axle - $24.00

11. Member
    Check out Precision Tackle pttackle.com. They have a suite that is right across from the Anchor Marina with a locked lot for your boat.

12. Member
    Days Inn up in Elkton, its about a 15 minute ride, very good set up for boats

13. Member
    I would look into what Fishintroop was saying , the owner of Precision tackle is herb and I believe the prices are very reasonable and he is right across from the ramp