Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    If it was my money being put down....BCB all the way. Ive always thought chargers look behind the times. A buddy had planned on a new charger this fall till he received a quote on a new, i think 296. Was shocked at the price....

Honestly...im not sure how charger stays in business. We both thought s comparably equipped charger (compared to phoenix, bcb) would be cheaper. Wrong. Charger is more. It seems to be sort of a common thought that chargers interiors are dated, not as good looks as most, etc.

I would take the hybrid 203/Cat over the 210, but thats me.

Im not a total charger hater, i had one. Great boat. Just dont think $$$$ for $$$$ they stack up w some of the other brands

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I thought guys were buying a Champion because its the best riding boat around?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I thought guys were buying a Champion because its the best riding boat around?
    Champion does have the best ride in the business and especially the 210 in the over 20 foot and under 21 foot class. I detect some sarcasm in your post.
    Last edited by Sports1; 04-28-2017 at 02:35 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    If it was my money being put down....BCB all the way. Ive always thought chargers look behind the times. A buddy had planned on a new charger this fall till he received a quote on a new, i think 296. Was shocked at the price....

Honestly...im not sure how charger stays in business. We both thought s comparably equipped charger (compared to phoenix, bcb) would be cheaper. Wrong. Charger is more. It seems to be sort of a common thought that chargers interiors are dated, not as good looks as most, etc.

I would take the hybrid 203/Cat over the 210, but thats me.

Im not a total charger hater, i had one. Great boat. Just dont think $$$$ for $$$$ they stack up w some of the other brands
    Charger made a good move a long time ago by focusing on pontoon boats. And they have done very well in that industry. They would have probably gone out of business years ago if it had been relying on bass boat sales only because they have been averaging less than 30 registered bass boat sales per year and that is not enough to keep them in business from a pure cash flow standpoint. Again, solid move by Carger management to focus on pontoon boats. Now BCB is a good company but until we see how the Lynx performances in rough water as well as overall performance I have to go with the 210.
    Last edited by Sports1; 04-29-2017 at 04:09 AM.

5. Member
    Charger stays in business because people that own them have a boat that is built to last a long time and provide the best ride out there. From big to small they ride wonderful and a very well built... Many of the bigger companies produce lots of boats but don't get close to the ride or quality.

6. Member
    There's many brands that are modern style boats I would not own. But owning a prior charger and fishing from one regularly through the years, they are my first choice when talking new boats.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    I was there and saw both boats. There is no comparison really since the boats are so incredibly different. They have such different features and design aspects it's hard to know what you are trying to compare.

I almost view the Lynx as a concept boat because of the radically different front deck layout. But it's likely going to production very similar to what was at the Classic. I think it's something you will absolutely love or hate... me, I can't handle the lack of symmetry on the front deck of that boat... that's just me and what appeals to me visually. It's a great boat, absolutely. Basscat has always been function over form.

The 210 Elite is the real deal 210, but with some improvements implemented by Charger. I firmly believe with Charger building the 210, you are getting a better rig than what rolled out the factories prior to Charger making them. That's just my opinion after crawling around one. Storage and everything else is virtually the same.
    Thanks for the input especially since you saw both boats at the Classic.

8. Member
    This boat is now in the running for my next boat. Glad to see they were able to bring back the champion hulls.

9. Member
    210 without hesitation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12