Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    If we were to go to war with N Korea only then it wouldn't last long. Their army isn't much different than it was in the 1950's but ours however is. I also don't believe the majority of N Koreans are as ready to go to war for their country than they were then. Yes history does repeat itself and that's what makes me nervous, China and Russia joining in.

Quote Originally Posted by bzbrent View Post
    I seem to recall from US History class that something similar to this train of thought occurred back in the 1950s. It's been a while though...

-b-

What worries me the most is my Daughter lives in Tokyo. Probably could be NK's first target.

3. Member
    My opinion is . if we are going to do something we have to make it quick and decisive to keep NK from being able to make such a strike. No pussyfooting around bombing an air field or trying to make any kind of statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgsnatcher View Post
    What worries me the most is my Daughter lives in Tokyo. Probably could be NK's first target.

4. Member
    NK leaders are, and have been for many years, extortionists. They have ruffled up their feathers and bled the world of money and food for decades. No one has had the balls to say enough is enough, because it wasn't worth the fight. This dipshit has accelerated their program to obtain an ICBM, and that is a very serious problem that has changed the dynamic. The time has come to say enough is enough. He can't have a deliverable nuke. I don't think he's crazy, he's just trying to extort more money and food, but he has made a miscalculation by attempting to rapidly develop an ICBM. I do not think he will fire first, its suicidal.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter bite View Post
    Definitely an impressive show and tell for the rest of the world to take notice. Lets hope Trumpn(and NATO) can use his awesome and bigley negotiating skills to help settle tensions in the area. No time for golf or eating beautiful chocolate cakes. time to be a president and use level headed diplomatic strategy and hopefully prevent unnecessary destruction and countless deaths. #stillwaitingtowin
    You probably don't have a lot of military experience. In reality, artillery is falling by the wayside in modern warfare. We have some very successful generals advising the President so I am not concerned about the overall outcome. Now if NK brought all their artillery to bear in an initial strike, there would be thousands of civilian casualties but they would be defeated in detail in short order unless China decided to enter the conflict on behalf on NK. That was the situation when the timeout was called in 53. I would much rather have Trump in charge than Obama if trouble started.

6. Member
    In any military action, there's collateral damage.
    Civilian deaths are a standard cost of war.
    No need to become upset over it or lose sleep.

I heard on the new tonight China is putting the squeeze on North Korea,gas is now selling for $5.00 a gal.If North Korea doesn't stand down, they intend to cut off all imports to them. as of right now, China doesn't want to lose trade with the U.S.

Cut the head off the snake first , then go after the military. If you don't he could set a nuke off.

The military is the problem those old farts are old school batshit crazy

Remember, all of these artillery pieces can deliver chemical weapons and mop top is just the guy to make it happen. Casualties could number 500,000. Only the Cuban Missile Crisis ranked higher in potential for Armageddon.
    I once was a male trapped in a woman's body. Then I was born.

11. Member
    A couple of A-10 passes and that's a lot of recycle metal.

I think some of the claims of casualties is grossly exaggerated. From my research NoKo only has about 700 artillery and rocket tubes out of 12,000 - 20,000 that can reach Seoul from their present positions. Factor into that a 25% dud/misfire rate derived from the NoKo shelling of Yeonpyeong Island in 2010, missed targets, fatigue, limited ammunition, poor resupply and the fact that Seoul has shelters for over 20,000,000 people. Not to mention the ability for SoKo and American forces counter-battery attacks, cluster munitions etc. Figure 10,000-70,000 worst case scenario. Still a horrendous figure but sitting around and letting them obtain nuclear capabilities isn't going to improve that picture.

https://www.nknews.org/2017/04/seoul...nge-artillery/
    Last edited by BigMouth; 04-27-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Looks like a dog and pony show for a ceremony. They seem to love the idea that they are powerful. Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    I think some of the claims of casualties is grossly exaggerated. From my research NoKo only has about 700 artillery and rocket tubes out of 12,000 - 20,000 that can reach Seoul from their present positions. Factor into that a 25% dud/misfire rate derived from the NoKo shelling of Yeonpyeong Island in 2010, missed targets, fatigue, limited ammunition, poor resupply and the fact that Seoul has shelters for over 20,000,000 people. Not to mention the ability for SoKo and American forces counter-battery attacks, cluster munitions etc. Figure 10,000-70,000 worst case scenario. Still a horrendous figure but sitting around and letting them obtain nuclear capabilities isn't going to improve that picture.

https://www.nknews.org/2017/04/seoul...nge-artillery/
    well what are the odds that Bigmouth is wrong

15. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mikepags View Post
    well what are the odds that Bigmouth is wrong
    Everything concerning NoKo is an estimated, some what educated, guess.

Except for the last sentence.

17. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    This just shows their stupidity and insecurity...(if it's a real photo).

Stupidity, having all their armament in one place at one time..if we wanted to wipe them out, they made it easy...

insecurity, they keep trying to prove how tough they are...and failing..

i mean really, imagine if we were to put all of our warfare armament in one place at one time.. I don't think there's a single piece of land that could hold it all, other than a whole small state....
    This^^^
    I assure you they make that kind of movement they were countered before the 5th one arrived!

Be hilarious to tap them on the shoulders!

Quote Originally Posted by fishing4fun View Post

19. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Is that all they have ?Nk people are in for a shock if we do go to war.I really think they have no idea how big of a military we have.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Is that all they have ?Nk people are in for a shock if we do go to war.I really think they have no idea how big of a military we have.
    NK people are heavily censored, all they know is what their "Dear Leader" tells them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast