Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have a 2003 classic that does this. I had to make a 10 mile run yesterday after a pretty big wind came up while I was in a sheltered bay, and of course it was at exactly the wrong angle getting home. I took it plenty slow but nonetheless a couple waves caught me off guard and several came over the bow--for sure I can work on my driving, but in hindsight even if I had done everything right I think I would still have gotten wet. Nothing too uncomfortable and the bilge pump was running and cleared it out pretty fast, but nonetheless there was 2" or so of water in the port rod locker when I got to the ramp. Based on never getting water in the lockers during rain I'm pretty certain nearly all of this is from taking water into the bilge and then it sloshing inside the boat. Interestingly, hardly any water in the starboard locker (maybe because buddy was a bigger guy than me and right tank was empty causing a list to the port side???). For those of us who live in areas where these conditions are not at all unusual, short of getting a Ranger 620 it would be nice to find a way for all the drains to continue working and still keep water out of the rod lockers--or at least to let them drain.

I heard bcb resolved the backwash issue in their latest model. Can anyone describe what the engineering change was?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I heard bcb resolved the backwash issue in their latest model. Can anyone describe what the engineering change was?
    ?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

4. Member
    I hope the new boats are fixed. I'll be in a new boat next fall and wet lockers is a deal breaker for me. Especially what has been talked about in this thread. Basscat can you confirm the problem has been solved and on what models and years. BC is one of two companies I am looking at.
    Thank you.

The topic is more individual issue than a problem on production and opinion varies from our findings on leakage. There are no changes to present production we are aware of and most water comes from tops and seals. We use sealed cam latches, trim (bubble) seal on hatches, neoprene two part stamped seal washers on machine screws, Avdel vapor proof rivets and have foam lined lids.

We don't think any other company takes as much precaution on types of fasteners and seals. Still yet we see one occasionally. There was a period when we had some hardware issues a few years back. Otherwise nothing's been changed and most don't have major issues till the latches and fasteners need tightened from use.

6. Member
    The issue being discussed in this thread is NOT from leaking hatches. The hatches are great. Its water sloshing around inside the bilge and rushing forward when you come down hard ona wave and then spilling back into the front-end of the rod lockers, and the rod lockers not draining thats the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12