Looking at a hp200 with a 200 yamaha.....anything I should know about hull...???

hey guys can you give me some opinions on the hp200?

thanks.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

2. Member
    Did a quick search on this forum. One of the members on here had his 2004 hull replaced due to some cracking at the transom. Apparently 2005+ models received a revised knee brace layout to prevent this issue from happening. They made the model up to the 2008 model year. Even if you are looking at an earlier model, at least you know what to look for and/or prevent it from getting too bad or from happening at all. Other than that, I've read that they are very nice boats well built boats that have a large front casting deck. With a 200 and with its pad hull, the same member is posting a ~69 mph top speed. Hope this helps.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ighlight=hp200
    2008 G3 Eagle 170
    Yamaha 90 2 Stroke (TX Boat)

2007 G3 HP 170
    Yamaha 115 2 Stroke (MN Boat)

3. Member
    Check to see if the running surface has two welded pieces of metal right under the transom. They should be right where the shorter bunks line up. Early models had issues with porpoising at higher speeds. The tabs were added to disrupt the water flow just enough to smooth out the ride. My 2004 G3 HP180 has them. Heard others had issues until they were added.