Thread: Z20 owners..

Z20 owners..

I just got my new 2017 Z20 Monday and completed the break in process yesterday. I was wondering for the guys that has already had time to experiment with theirs, what's the best p2p and prop your running? Mine came factory with a fury 3 blade, I believe 25p. Not 100% sure on the p2p. I'm not going to mess with mine until I get some more run time and seat time but just curious what the best results are out there so far. Thanks in advance..

2. Member
    I took delivery of my 2017 Z20 in February (It was a special order...took about 9 weeks) and haven't messed with the factory set-up. I believe the P2P to be about 3 1/2" but not sure. I have the Fury 25P 3 blade....Great hole shot...Great top end. I can hit 70-72 (GPS) with just me an a half tank of gas. That's with two Power Poles and a fairly heavy load. I'm perfectly happy with those numbers and have no plans to change anything right now. I'm about to take her in for the 20 hour service an add the Merc Smart Gauges and the Blue Water LED Night Blaster Deck Light Kit. Good luck!

3. Member
    Hit 71.2 just after break in with about a half tank/half load on the stock plate setting and 25 Fury 3 blade. Didn't really seem to care to make any adjustments but I'm sure time will change that.
    2016 Z20 Pro
    Ultrex, Lowrance, Merc Monitor, NMEA 2k, Point 1, Gatorbaks.

4. Member
    My Z20 has a 250 Vrod and a 25 Fury on it along with power poles and a 36v trolling motor. It came with a p2p of about 6". It had a very slow hole shot, ran 5600 rmps and about 65 mph wot. I slowly raised it up to about 3 1/2" p2p which gained me 400 rpms, 5 mph and cut the hole shot in half.

5. Member
    im probably not going to mess with mine either. was just curious what others were experiencing as far as numbers. 70+ is plenty for me. im going to run her a little more just to get some seat time and see exactly what she has to offer. so far im highly impressed with the little time I've been on the water...

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    im probably not going to mess with mine either. was just curious what others were experiencing as far as numbers. 70+ is plenty for me. im going to run her a little more just to get some seat time and see exactly what she has to offer. so far im highly impressed with the little time I've been on the water...
    How is the ride in rough water and is it dry? Does the boat move around any with someone on the back deck, in other words, do you notice them moving about and throwing you off balance?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    How is the ride in rough water and is it dry? Does the boat move around any with someone on the back deck, in other words, do you notice them moving about and throwing you off balance?
    Homestly i can't answer any of your questions yet. Only had it out once and it wasn't rough water and didn't get to fish due to breaking the motor in. I'm going out a few times here soon so I'll have to get back with you
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

8. Member
    I have about 400 miles on my Z20, it rides pretty well in rough water. Probably not quite as good as my old Champion 206 but close.

Yes I can feel the guy in the back but I could also feel him in my Champion.

9. Member
    Another thought I had, what kind of water pressure are you all seeing at WOT? Just curious as to what I should be looking for when I get to messing around with top end speed..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    Ride is very nice in rough water, the hull is pretty wet though in thick chop while idling around.

Yes you can feel the person in the back slightly if they're bobbling around.
    2016 Z20 Pro
    Ultrex, Lowrance, Merc Monitor, NMEA 2k, Point 1, Gatorbaks.

11. Banned
    Okay thanks for the info.

12. Member
    Little update: I've had the boat out a few more times since the initial break in. Seems like the more I run it, the better it's getting. So far, top end numbers are 71.9(gps) at around 5600rpms. It starts to walk around 70. Those numbers were with a tourney load, half tank of fuel and just myself in the boat. I did happen to notice that while I was WOT running those numbers I looked back and I have no rooster tail at all. Everything is still set up like it came from the factory. Haven't decided if I'm going to change anything yet. I forgot to mention this is with a 250 Pro XS.