Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Great State of Missoura "God's Country!"

My Mega 10 halo issue is back.

I have gone thru 3 total systems and 4 transducers since Feb 15 when I purchased my first unit. I have worked with a number of techs on the issue. I thought after this third swap out that I was in the clear. But after 23 hours on this latest unit I am once again having the same issue I had on my original unit. I cannot wait on hold again to start this over with another tech so I just sent messages to Tangie, John, Sequithia, Sharon, Deborah, and Rhonda asking them to call me to work this out.

I would like to send y'all a video of this issue I took with my ipad. If anyone is interested in reviewing it please PM your email address.

After 3 units I find it hard to believe I am the only having this problem. Maybe others are just more accepting of this glitch than I am. To date HB has found nothing wrong with my set up, my power supply and have confirmed it is not interference. They will not refund my money and honestly I do not want to give up. I just want to be as happy with it as everyone else seems to be. Call me crazy but I guess I am willing to live with it just as so long as I know that there is no fix for it and this is how it is supposed or is gonna be.

Can you post screenshots of the issue you are seeing?

3. Member
    It only shows up in video. HB does not know why screen shots or screen recordings does not capture it. Can only be seen in video. I do not know how to post videos on this forum

4. Banned
    Record a video and upload it to YouTube. Then link it here

5. Member
    Here are two vids. My video skills are terrible. To the naked eye on the actual Mega screen it is readily apparent. It is not as obvious as looking at the actual screen since this is a video of the screen and then an upload of that video. The detail is washed out after the uploading. But if you look at the edges of the overlay number you will see scattered pixels highlighted around the numbers. When looking at the actual screen on the lake it is like looking at a strobe light especially in low light conditions. Very aggravating. Every hard edge has pixels flashing on and off. It does not "pixilate" around the SI images just the overlays. Again this is only when DI and SI are on. Picture is crystal when viewing map or 2 d. It does this in or out of water. TM and other boat accessories off or on. With charger plugged in or not. On a battery or on the 110 outlet adapter HB provided. First two vids the pixels are white cause the overlay is white over a dark background. The last are black pixels on a white background. In person it is much more obvious.

6. Member
    Nevermind you must have posted videos same time I was typing. I'm going to check mine​ out this weekend, if it does it I haven't noticed.
    Last edited by Greenwing1; 04-27-2017 at 11:11 AM.

7. Member
    What sun/reading glasses are you wearing?

Have you had eye surgery?

8. Banned
    I don't see anything

I think I see what you are describing. Looking at top video with white numbers I can see pixels or groups of pixles turning off and on allong the left edge of the vertical plane on the depth numbers. I think your video would be better if you can stabilize the camera by not holding it with your hands and also finding the closest distance that will produce an in focus video. I almost wish I didn't see this because now I will be looking for it on my new Helix which hasn't even arrived yet!

It's hard to tell, does this only happen on the depth readout where the number is constantly changing as opposed to say a constant like the letter D representing the first letter for Depth?
    Last edited by Tugger; 04-27-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Are you talking about the edge of the numbers flickering because I don't see your issue?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

11. Member
    Yes it occurs on the edges of all overlays (stable readings or moving). It scrolls up and down the dividing line of the SI split screen. All across the depth lines too. Even the the little boat symbol flickers. If the overlay is black then the first pixel outside the edge with flicker on the white background. The reverse if the overlay is white with a dark background. My video is brutal. I'm sorry. Believe me if your units were doing it you would notice this. Don't know how you could not. Like I said I have had 3 units so far and two of them have done this. The second one did something totally different.

I remember reading about this on an earlier thread.

13. Member
    I see it but I'm not sure I would ever notice it. I guess once you do notice it, it becomes much more nerve racking.

14. Member
    Sorry, I've played the recording numerous times and only thing I could see was the depth changing especially with my eyes...LOL. Strange problem though if it has occurred in 3 units and multiple transducers. Was the factory ever able to replicate the problem? Just curious whether it might be some sort of RFI issue since power source and installation seems to be ok. Does it occur on all CHIRP modes/imaging/frequencies? Haven't seen many MEGA problem posts related other than shallow depth issues.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

15. Member
    Mine doesn't do it, I watched closely and never noticed anything.

MB

Have you used the same transducer for all three? Do you have any other SI Transducers to plug in? Are you sure there is ZERO issue on 2D? Try High and low scroll speeds, high and low sensitivity, high and low screen brightness, high and low sharpness, etc.

17. Member
    I have tried multiple transducers. I isolated the system by running the different ducer wires on the deck away from other wires. I also disconnected all of the other boat wiring from the batteries along with running it purely on 110 volt adapter. Basically have replicated a completely isolated RFI-free environment. It happens in every various installation combo I have tried. I have tried all the different adjustment available in the menus. I would like to try to slap it on someone elses boat that is working just to confirm that my aluminum boat does not have some hidden Russian spying flux capacitor inside it that is scattering my pixels.

It does not do it on mapping or 2d screens. Question does the transducer still ping DI and SI when the screen select is on just mapping or 2d. I still hear the ducer clicking but no pixelation is evident on the screen. SO weird. For this reason I do not believe the problem is related to the DI SI sending a "dirty signal" up the cords to the screen or else you would see the pixelation on mapping or 2d.

HB has been working on it since Wednesday. I left message with them again yesterday but still no resolution.

18. Member
    Mine does it as well. The SI picture looks fine but the overlays look all pixalated and fuzzy. The overlays on the map and 2d appear fine. I haven't spoke to Humminbird about it yet. I was thinking it might be an RFI issue since my other Helixs don't have that problem. I don't think it affects my SI image but it is defiantly noticeable and annoying once you see it.
    2018 Lund Pro V Bass XS
    250 Mercury Verado
    Lake Erie

Sounds internal now. I had hopes you could isolate a setting that would make it go away and perhaps that would lead to some substantial reasoning but to no avail. I'm getting a Helix 10mega soona nd will let you know what I see.

Have you guys tried toggling SI overlays on/off several times just for the hell of it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast