Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Can't see a dog gone thing?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

2. Member
    No I have not, but I will try it tomorrow for sure.
    2018 Lund Pro V Bass XS
    250 Mercury Verado
    Lake Erie

3. Member
    I appreciate you post, I have been wanting a Helix 10 Mega to go with my I-link. Now I'm going to stick with the Gen3's. Lowrance has a very good and helpful Service Dept.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighaida View Post
    Lowrance has a very good and helpful Service Dept.
    I know everyone has their own opinions for everything. I have found them to be helpful at times....However... actually "servicing" or "fixing" units is not really something they do. Humminbird actually services their units though. I got a bad taste in my mouth with Lowrance shortly after I bought my first unit. I still have Lowrance units, but will be changing within the next year for new Helix 10 Mega units. I would not use this post as a reason to not take advantage of the new technology and the added features of using the unit with your I-link.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighaida View Post
    I appreciate you post, I have been wanting a Helix 10 Mega to go with my I-link. Now I'm going to stick with the Gen3's. Lowrance has a very good and helpful Service Dept.
    How are you running Gen3's with a IPilot/Link TM or are you referring to a MG model?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    Call me crazy but I'd buy the units that help me catch fish and won't break. Not the one that has the sharpest overlay data! I see it and it doesn't bother me at all. I look for fish, not the edges of the overlay.

7. Member
    Those images to me look like when looking at a LCD TV screen close up you can see the same thing happening ghosting and pixilation.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I looked at my buddies mega 7 last night ,I would say it's so minuet that if I didn't point it out he would of never saw it.Maybe it's more pronounced on the bigger units .

9. Member
    Probably was networked with a MEGA unit because there aren't any MEGA 7 models.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

10. Member
    Interesting because you had said you thought you were in the clear in your post#1. So obviously something is not right...temperature related maybe with the display driver? What changed between working and not working? Anything possible,, engine off or on, in garage with onboard charger hooked up, unhooked.

I do see what your talking about in your videos. I doubt it would bother me one bit....but OCD can be a real bitch!

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Probably was networked with a MEGA unit because there aren't any MEGA 7 models.
    Sorry g2

12. Member
    My mega 10 is doing the same thing. I tried to call humminbird today but the wait was too long. Is there someone that's aware of the issue that I can talk to directly?

13. Member
    After watching your videos I'm not sure my problem is the same. Mine looks like the white lines in side imaging are wavy like a sound wave. I get the same thing with the white overlay readouts as well. I'll try to post a picture tonight if I can get one.

Whew ! I see what the OP is talking about on those videos. That indeed would suck and annoy the hell out of me.

Plainly, it should not be doing that. Unless there is a "Number Edge Sparkle" setting that you can turn off.

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

16. Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12