Big Stone? Any advise?

Can anyone offer early season tips or patterns for Big Stone Lake On the border with SD?
    Have a club tourney there Sunday and have only fished it once, but not this early.

TIA
    Dave

2. Member
    All I know is the south end is better for bass. I was there Saturday, and fished a lot of water north of Hartford beach. We did catch 3 bass, small ones...though they were not our targeted species. They'll likely be shallow. There's a lot of shallow rock and curly leaf in the "mid" south half of the lake.

Good luck, and post the results if you don't mind. I'm very curious to see how you guys do, as i've never thought about BS as being much of a bass lake.

3. Member
    We had a tournament there last October, took 20 lbs to win.
    Dave

4. Member
    I've fished it a lot mainly for walleye and perch but the locals claim bass are on the rise. Artie's has posted pics of 6lb+ fish on FB. I've caught all of mine (all largemouth) around the islands. Your's is the first of any tournament I've ever heard and am am also curious to see results.

5. Member
    Tough day for me, but others figered them out. Will post link when results are entered.
    Last edited by bass57348; 04-30-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    Dave