padded deck carpet issue 2012 Z521

I am the second owner of 2012 Z521. It has padded front deck and I notice the carpet is beginning to look buckled like its coming unglued from the pad. The carpet is in great condition so not time to replace but wondering if there is any opitons to reglue and smooth back out my front deck??
    2012 Z521, Yamaha 250 SHO
    SOLD-1998 Ranger 519DVS, Mercury 225 EFI
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    Contact Jet A Marine and ask for service. They have done 100's (maybe more).

3. Member
    You can put some contact cement in a large syringe and inject it under the carpet. Place a board with a weight on it on the carpet until it dries.

4. Member
    Ranger uses a foam type padding and it tends to work loose with common foot traffic heavy in the front deck, when i get ready to recarpet my Ranger i will be using a totally different carpet and padding and pad the entire boat like i did my old Triton it came out amazing and the glue makes a big difference too.

5. Member
    I had my padding removed because I was told it would probably happen again. I don't even miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    You can put some contact cement in a large syringe and inject it under the carpet. Place a board with a weight on it on the carpet until it dries.
    I have the same problem with the carpet on my 2011. It is has buckled in a couple places. Where do you get a large syringe?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    Ranger uses a foam type padding and it tends to work loose with common foot traffic heavy in the front deck, when i get ready to recarpet my Ranger i will be using a totally different carpet and padding and pad the entire boat like i did my old Triton it came out amazing and the glue makes a big difference too.

What carpet and padding are you referring to ?

8. Member
    My '08 Z520 did the same thing and I took it to a dealer and was told that padding for that year was not very good and they replaced mine, while still in warranty with newer padding and replace the carpet with a new piece, till looks good to this day.