What's happening at LOZ, fishing wise?

Fish on beds?

Last weekend there where fish on beds. But a lot of fish pulled out after the front
    2005 champion 196 oh what a ride

3. Member
    Thank you.

Rained all day

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

5. Member
    Interested in this as well as we will be trekking down for a family tournament next wed. We will be staying at mile marker 1 so I am assuming after it rains for the next 6 day's down there that that section will be the cleanest water. Is the lake starting to get muddy?

6. Member
    I was thinking about running down to the lake and fishing this weekend. Then I saw massive amounts of rain so I think I will pass and wait for the sun.

7. Member

USA

Talked to a guy at the store today who said they were on the beds at LOZ.

8. Member
    Warsaw had very heavy rains. The lake raised 3.5 feet since Friday. Water is just ugly.

9. Member
    Alright looking for some of the experts to chime in here, had everything rigged and ready for this week and now with the rain and rising water am at a loss. Coming down on wed from Chicago with a group for our annual trip and am nervous about the conditions we will encounter. We are staying by the dam and I am assuming the water clarity will be best there as opposed to the gravois or glaize, anyone have any friendly suggestions or tips on fishing in these types of conditions? Buzzbait's,wakebaits, single bladed colorodo spinnerbaits, or am I over thinking and should just throw my jigs, carolinas,shakey heads? Just a fun family tournament but of course wanting to have some success. I have seen some pictures on ozark angler and it looks muddy already.

thanks all.

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Saturday it was nothing but rain and lots of bass ,Sunday it was the mud line coming down the lake.Caught a lot of crappie Sunday,but it's a mud hole now.

11. Member
    Any idea how the lake will set up this weekend, the 6th and 7th ? Was supposed to fish a tourney at pomme but we switched to loz.

12. Member
    That's what I was afraid of, how would you fish if you were bass fishing this week? I'm thinking get as shallow as possible and find the cleanest water. Buzzbaits, big squarebills, jigs? No turning back now we have a group of ten and this is the only time to go. Any thoughts or tips?

I was there during the Sat. and Sunday rain. Carolina rigged brush hogs were the best thing going on main lake points. We caught fish on spinnerbaits early in 21mm area then moved close to pb2 area after the morning bite and caught them on brush hogs rest on the day.
    My favorite color is clear.

14. Member
    So that's what you used!

Quote Originally Posted by captzapp View Post
    So that's what you used!

Nope.
    My favorite color is clear.

16. Member
    I come down every few weeks. I got down last night and fished all day. Tough bite but dud get a few nice ones. Did not catch a post spawn fish. Water temps were only 62 in the afternoon. Crazy for this time of year.
    Michael J. Koenig

17. Member
    I was out fishing around the 2 mm this morning. Found a few up behind the docks, but wind shoving me around some.

Was there for three days. Killed em in the back of creeks with soft bottom and flats, 1-5 foot of water. Spinner baits and square bill. Weighed in 14 pounds at the tourney. 21 won it. BB was 5.5. My biggest of the trip was 6.5. Caught well over 100 fish in those three days. Didn't catch crap on jigs or shakey heads. Lots of fish being caught all over the lake. I stayed in the Glaze most the trip.

19. Member
    Fished Saturday and Sunday. Saturday with the wind we tore them up on white 4" megabass sparkshads. Sunday flat calm, smoked em on black/blue havoc pit boss on a 1/2oz omega jig head