Kayaks on Patoka

Drove over to the lake last evening to fish for a few hours before dark, it was a very nice evening and I wasn't surprised to see how many people were on the lake. I was surprised at how many kayaks I saw......at a distance, plus up close and personal!! I was heading back to Painter Creek running across the main body from Southlick, there was a chop on the water plus a lot of glare from the sun. All of a sudden out of the chop and the glare I've got 4 Kayaks straight ahead and I'm running WOT! As low as they set in the water plus they were a dark green color, they can be very, very hard to see! I saw them in time and did manage to swing wide, but under the right circumstances I can really see an accident happening. Never let your guard down!

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    There are going to be accidents. They'll go out after sunset in dull clothes and no lights. Many of the kayaks themselves are gray or green and they blend in with the water, and many people wear similar color or even camo shirts or jackets.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. idbefishing
    Wait until you come up on them when you're running in a river at a spot that you CAN NOT come off plane. I was out with a buddy one time and he had choices of either shut down or kill them. He came off plane and chewed up his prop badly and dinged the skeg.